What does the German word Fremdscham mean?
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Strange | shame, no plural
- IPA: [ˈfʀɛmtˌʃaːm]
- 1) being ashamed or, more correctly, thinking of oneself as better about another person's behavior
- Determinative compound from the adjective strange and the noun shame
- 1) „Foreign shame occurs when another person violates norms or values and does not notice it himself or does not experience it as embarrassing. It is therefore an important regulator. [...] Foreign shame is a social feeling, ultimately this is a form of pity "
- 1) “With increasing individualization, the Foreign shame withdrawn. (Although recently the testimony of Foreign shame has become fashionable. But this is more flirtatious and a reference to one's own decency than real feeling. Or beyond that, some form of indictment; the modern form of Foreign shame does not sympathize with someone, but is directed against someone who does not feel embarrassed by his activities. It represents a reference to a higher-quality sense of taste that the ashamed person has.) "
- 1) "One could try to describe these phenomena as" self-shame "and"Foreign shame“To be kept apart, but one would then falsify the situation again, because under Foreign shame one would then easily understand the shame for another, which is not meant here. Most likely [...] it would be to speak of a shame of the seen and a shame of the seeing [...] This somewhat awkward expression would mean something different. Not your own sense of shame, but the perception of someone else's sense of shame.
- Nominative: singular Foreign shame; Plural —
- Genitive: singular Foreign shame; Plural —
- Dative: singular Foreign shame; Plural —
- Accusative: singular Foreign shame; Plural —
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Often will Foreign shame mostly associated with embarrassing media broadcasts.“
Apotheken Umschau, December 14, 2018
„The new season 'Jerks' with Christian Ulmen and Fahri Yardim is a constant invitation to Foreign shame and overwhelming television - in the best sense of the word.“
sueddeutsche.de, June 19, 2019
„The BILD columnist believes: it could Foreign shame Converting CO2 into oxygen, Michael Wendler (47) would stop climate change.“
BILD.de, July 31, 2019
„Much worse, there is an oppressive feeling between Foreign shame and anger. I recently witnessed obvious xenophobia in Düsseldorf's public transport network.“
Business-on.de, April 30, 2019
„Pop star Michael Wendler has been causing discussions with his 28-year-old girlfriend Laura since the beginning of the year. Now solve new Instagram videos Foreign shame out.“
stern.de, February 22, 2019
„Zoff, Foreign shame and bullying pay off: Before the finale, it will be revealed how much the 'palm tree celebrities' got for their show participation.“
Today.at, April 27, 2020
„When Donald Trump talks about other countries and his counterparts, one is creeping up Foreign shame the observer, who can quickly turn into horror. It was the same in Washington last Wednesday.“
Sputnik Germany, June 26, 2020
„The TikTok appearance from Schalke causes a lot of criticism and Foreign shame with their own fans. The videos put the club in a laughable light.“
90min, October 28, 2020
„Production of the Segway ends after almost two decades. The e-scooter was somehow innovative - but solved far too much Foreign shame out. To be clear: Finally, the part will soon be gone.“
Spiegel Online, June 25, 2020
„The loud dispute between La Nick and the hard-drinking entrepreneur Claudia Obert solved a big one at Muscleberg Yotta Foreign shame from, as he revealed on the broadcast.“
Klatsch-Tratsch.de, April 10, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Fremdscham" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Fremdscham/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "Fremdscham" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
External protection (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular foreign protection; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Third party protection (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subsidiary Forms: Foreign Protection Hyphenation: Foreign | Schut | ze Pronunciation / Emphasis: ...
Third party protection (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Fremd | schut | zes Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Second hand embarrassment (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular foreign shame; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Ashamed of others (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Fremd | schä | mens Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
foreign language (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular foreign language; Plural foreign languages genitive: ...
foreign languages (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Foreign | Spraig | Chen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Foreign language accent syndrome (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular foreign language accent syndrome; Plural - ...
Foreign Language Accent Syndrome (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Foreign | spra | chen-Ak | zent-Syn | droms Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Knowledge of foreign languages (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular foreign language knowledge; Plural ...
Foreign language skills (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Foreign | spra | chen | knows | nis | se Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: ...
Foreign language skills (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Foreign | languages | know | nis | sen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: ...
- Was Lilith really a demon in mythology
- Where can I buy MDF online
- Is it legal to make rocket fuel?
- Why does Quora use so much RAM
- How do you feel about Project Euler
- What exactly does it mean to roll your eyes
- Is expiring violin rosin
- Can a trombone soloist sit
- Why do startups pursue ICOs
- Why is antiviral drug development difficult
- Why are Cognizant jobs being canceled again
- What are the best courses after the 12th.
- How has journaling changed your life
- What is a delta chant
- Why did you name your dog Harry?
- What is 2 2_2 2 2
- Does David Miscavige actually believe in Scientology?
- Do you work in pune
- Which operating system does Ken Thompson use
- Is it wrong to spoil my dog
- What is Keyword Contest in UberSuggest
- Can teleport nightcrawlers to different universes
- What are some trendy shoes for vegans