Where's Superman 1
The correct order of the "Superman" films
Clark Kent is perhaps the most famous superhero of all time. We'll tell you in which order you should watch the "Superman" films.
You can look forward to these cinema highlights in 2020:
Since the first “Superman” film in 1978 with actor Christopher Reeve in the lead role, the series of films about the Kryptonian has already included eight feature films. However, this does not mean that all films are related to one another in a common chronology. Three different actors have already embodied the popular superhero, and with each new line-up, a reboot has been tackled.
According to these reboots, we are now introducing you to four variants of how you can enjoy the “Superman” series.
The “Superman” order: All movies
Anyone who can get used to the idea at the beginning that a new storyline begins with every new Superman actor can simply experience the entire franchise chronologically according to the release dates of the individual films. This begins with the 1978 film "Superman" with Christopher Reeve and ends with the latest Superman film "Justice League" with Henry Cavill ("Mission: Impossible - Fallout").
The entire film series is composed as follows:
Even Superman couldn't prevent these 13 DCEU film mistakes:
The "Superman" order with Christopher Reeve
Many long-time fans still consider the actor Christopher Reeve, who has now unfortunately passed away, to be the only true Superman actor. Anyone who sees this in exactly the same way can stick to the first four Superman films with Reeve in the lead role, which form a self-contained chronology and thus follow a clear storyline that builds on one another. The four films are mainly connected by Superman's fight against the villain Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman), who tries with various weapons and accomplices to eliminate Superman and increase his own power.
This is the "Superman" order with Christopher Reeve:
- "Superman" (1978)
- "Superman 2: Alone Against All" (1980)
- "Superman 3: The Steel Lightning" (1983)
- "Superman 4: The World on the Edge" (1987)
The "Superman" reboot with Brandon Routh
After the critical and financial flop "Superman 4" in 1987, the film series was silent for a long time. Attempts followed to keep fans interested in Superman upright by launching TV series such as "Superman - The Adventures of Lois & Clark" and "Smallville" - but another movie was a long time coming. With Bryan Singer ("X-Men") in the director's chair, "Superman Returns" with Brandon Routh ("Scott Pilgrim against the rest of the world") as the new Superman should be a reboot of the series. However, the film failed to meet the expectations of many fans and critics, which is why the reboot attempt failed.
"Superman Returns" must be viewed accordingly as a stand-alone Superman film in terms of its plot.
The "Superman" order with Henry Cavill
Inspired by the success of Christopher Nolan's darkly realistic “The Dark Knight” (2008), director Zack Snyder (“300”) dared to reboot Superman again in 2013 with “Man of Steel” - now with actor Henry Cavill in the superman role. The parallel success of the MCU meant that “Man of Steel” should also build a divided film universe, which would ultimately culminate in the formation of the superhero team of the “Justice League”. Accordingly, the two sequels "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" and "Justice League" followed.
This is the "Superman" order with Henry Cavill:
- "Man of Steel" (2013)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" (2016)
- "Justice League" (2017)
Do you know about comic book adaptations? Do the test here:
did you like this article? Discuss with us about the latest theatrical releases, your favorite series and films that you are eagerly waiting for - on Instagram and Facebook.
- Are passwords stored in cookies
- Should Christians consider BioLogos heretical
- Trump is the least ethical president of all time
- What are some of your favorite booklets
- Which game should India's national game be
- How long do the smartphone batteries last?
- Who or what makes you important
- What is Mendeleev's Periodic Law 1
- What is SharePoint 1
- What does fade mean
- What is your favorite fictional ship
- Germany has finally conquered Europe
- What is a university curriculum for computer science
- Which institute is best for online training?
- Is the Bengali film industry lagging behind
- What or who is a true Republican
- What are free and beautiful complementary fonts
- Can someone recommend some wholesale school lockers
- Why is my iPhone getting hotter
- Italian women shave their armpits
- How is gasoline produced
- How big is an aggregate
- How can I correct a Carfax information
- What are the eating habits of skinks