What are some examples for young inventors
Telephone, lightbulb or Tetra Pak - without the many inventions that bright minds have made in the past, our modern life would not be possible today. An invention is usually the technical solution to a problem. This solution has to be brand new, something that has not existed before. This is what distinguishes an invention from a discovery: With a discovery you come across something that already exists. For example, the fact that the light of the sun consists of different types of light was a discovery, whereas the incandescent lamp was an invention.
Inventions change the world
One can say: the history of mankind is a history of inventions. The hand ax is considered to be the first invention of all time. Around 1.7 million years ago, the ancestors of man developed the handy, teardrop-shaped stone tool. With it they could skin and cut animals or drill holes.
Another invention that changed the world was the wheel. The first wheels came about 5000 years ago and made transport and locomotion much easier. Cars or machines with their gears would be unthinkable without this invention. It is the same with almost all inventions: Without a previous invention, the next would hardly have been possible.
This also applies to one of the first usable engines: the steam engine. The Scot James Watt did not reinvent his steam engine in the 18th century. He further developed the steam engine model from another inventor - and decisively at that. Many goods no longer had to be produced by hand, but could be manufactured with machines in factories. That went much faster and so much larger quantities could be produced.
The way to invention
But there are also much smaller inventions that we don't want to do without today. One of them just happened by chance: one cool evening in 1905, the 11-year-old American Frank Epperson forgot a glass of lemonade and a spoon on the veranda. The next morning it was frozen but still very tasty. The popsicle was born!
Unlike the popsicle, most inventions today do not arise from the idea of a single person. The first smartphone, for example, was invented by a large group of inventors from two American companies. It was launched in 1994. Today, more than every second German owns a smartphone.
Protection from thieves
Almost every object that we take for granted in everyday life today was invented by someone at some point. And although we may sometimes have the impression that everything imaginable has already been invented, inventors keep coming up with new ideas. Around 60,000 patents have been registered with the German Patent and Trademark Office in recent years. With a patent, anyone can protect their invention from idea thieves. However, this costs money and the protection does not last forever: it expires after 20 years at the latest. Afterwards, other people or companies can also use and recreate the idea.
As of: 25.11.2016, 1:47 p.m.
- Why does everyone like the joker
- What does 60 minutes of IPA mean
- Why does the American government love welfare
- Have thumb ankles
- It is difficult for Italians to learn Dutch
- What causes left wrist pain
- Why can't valacyclovir cure EBV
- What are the best YouTube political channels
- Is 65W better for an audio system
- How long does a dinosaur live
- What are some dental specialties
- Olive oil makes relaxed hair stronger
- What are free and beautiful complementary fonts
- Who was Alexander Hamilton
- Which college is best for MSC Zoology?
- How is x 2 243 x
- Which domestic birds run more than fly?
- What is sound blending
- How does commercial fishing affect sharks?
- Do you know sanskrit
- How do you test legacy code
- EBay still owns PayPal
- Why should I buy Ford cars
- Can we eat cottage cheese after boiled eggs?
- You can use Mode Analytics with MemSQL
- Why are all elements after lead radioactive
- How does Buspar compare to clonazepam
- Can cement be replaced by another material
- Which cell has microvilli and cilia
- Who does Mozart's music belong to?
- What does stimulus mean in biology
- Why do we need emotional feelings
- Was what I said disrespectful
- Tamil language What is Mummuti