What are reciprocal links
With the help of internal links it is possible to connect two positions within a MAXDQA project. These passages can be in documents, videos, audios or memos; for example, you can link two text passages from texts in a document group with each other. Internal links always connect two points, an anchor point and a target point. As soon as you click on an anchor point on an existing link, the associated target point is loaded. In MAXQDA these links are reciprocal, i.e. they not only lead somewhere, but also back again. If you click on the target point, you get back to the starting point of the internal link.
To link two text or image sections, proceed as follows:
- Select a text or image segment in the "Document Browser" with the mouse.
- Right click the marker and select the option Insert internal link (start / finish). Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + L (Windows) or cmd + L (Mac) or click on the Insert Internal Link icon (Start / Destination) in the coding bar in the “Document Browser”. The display of the marked position now changes: In texts it appears underlined in blue in PDF and image files a blue frame is drawn.
- Now mark the destination of the link, either in the same document or in a different one, and perform step 2 again.
If you realize after the first step that you do not want to set the link or that you have chosen the wrong anchor position, you can delete the inserted anchor point by clicking on the Delete link start icon.
On the left, texts in the "Document Browser" can be recognized by the fact that the text appears in blue and is underlined. As soon as you move the mouse over the link, a small pop-up window appears that provides information about the target document and shows a preview of the linked text.
These pop-up windows of the text linked to a text passage sometimes make it advisable to anchor the link not just to a single word, but to an entire sentence or section. To jump from a link in the “Document Browser” to the associated point, simply click on the blue link. The document containing the target point is immediately loaded and positioned exactly at the location of the link.
Delete internal link
To remove a link, right-click the link in question and select the entry from the context menu Remove link.
Put internal links in video files
Not only text and image passages, but also video clips can be linked with other video clips or with texts, e.g. a section of text in a transcript:
- Open the video file in the "Multimedia Browser".
- Select the desired area to be linked.
- Click on the icon Insert internal link (start / finish) in the "Multimedia Browser" toolbar to start the link.
- Set the link target as described above in the "Document Browser" or in the "Multimedia Browser".
Put internal links in memos
You can also insert internal links in memos to link a position in one memo to a position in another memo, document or video:
- Open the memo.
- Select the desired text in the memo that is to be linked.
- Right-click the marker and selectInsert internal link (start / finish). In the Memo Manager you can alternatively use the symbol on the Format tab Click insert internal link.
- Set the link target in the same way in another memo or in the "Document Browser" or in the "Multimedia Browser" as described above.
- What was your experience with Arthur Miller
- Which droughts have changed human history and how
- Which killer feature is WhatsApp preparing
- Are Nine West Heels comfortable
- Consensual incest is wrong
- Why is there surrogacy in Kenya?
- Are teachers racially biased towards black students
- Which food groups should you eat every day?
- How are emotions useful?
- How big is Walmart in the world
- Which shampoo is the best protein shampoo
- What is meant by street taken less?
- Which toilet paper is the easiest to flush?
- Is God time himself
- Who or what makes you important
- Bosch gives its employees accommodation
- Why is Flipkart Lite so fast
- Why is Pazuzu considered a daemon
- How do we use late and lately
- What do you use Instagram for
- There will be a battle at Armageddon
- What was the inspiration behind Quora
- Can manual tester switch to BI profile
- Allows WhatsApp screenshots of chats