How valuable is Nvidias' patent portfolio
NVIDIA counterclaims Intel for breach of contract
03/27/2009, 3:41 pm | Subscribe to IT, New Media & SoftwareNewsPress contact
Press release from: NVIDIA
Santa Clara, Calif., March 27, 2009 - NVIDIA has counterclaimed Intel Corporation for breach of contract in the Delaware Court of Chancery. The lawsuit also aims to revoke Intel's license for NVIDIA's patent portfolio.
NVIDIA's counterclaim was filed in response to Intel's submission to the Delaware Court last month. In the submission, the claim was made that the four-year-old chipset license agreement does not extend to Intel's future CPU generation with "integrated" memory controllers such as the Nehalem processor.
"NVIDIA did not initiate this legal battle," said Jen-Hsun Huang, President and CEO of NVIDIA. "But we must defend ourselves and the negotiated rights that give Intel access to our precious patents. Intel's actions are designed to keep us from to prevent the use of the license rights that they have promised us. "
NVIDIA signed the now disputed agreement in 2004 to provide platform innovations for Intel CPU-based systems. Conversely, Intel was granted a license for NVIDIA's extensive portfolio of 3D, GPU and other computing patents. NVIDIA has spent over a year trying to resolve its disagreement with Intel in a fair and reasonable manner.
This press release can be accessed at www.pr-com.de.
This press release was published on openPR.
Product PR Manager Central Europe
Tel. + 49-89-6283500-15
Fax + 49-89-6283500-01
Senior Account Manager
Tel. + 49-89-59997-814
Fax + 49-89-59997-999
NVIDIA is the world's leading visual computing provider and developer of programmable graphics processors. The company designs pioneering products for computing, consumer electronics and mobile devices. The NVIDIA product range extends from GeForce graphics processors for the consumer market to professional graphics solutions from the Quadro line to innovative Tesla solutions for high-performance computing. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California with offices in Asia, Europe and the Americas. Further information is available at www.nvidia.de.
FREE ONLINE PR FOR EVERYONE
Now publish your press release with one click on openPR
News-ID: 295802 • Views: 13
This message NVIDIA counterclaims Intel for breach of contract edit or emphasize clearly with openPR-Premium
Disclaimer: The contact specified in the text is solely responsible for the above press text including any images / videos. The website provider expressly distances itself from the content of third parties and does not adopt it as its own.
If you would like to use the information above for editorial purposes, please contact the press contact above. In the event of publication, we ask for a specimen copy or reference to the source of the URL.
- Which cities are easiest to defend?
- Is it worth the gender dysphoria
- What are some lesser known psychological anime
- What is the best that you live
- Where is Wells Fargo
- Why is credibility increasing day by day
- What are examples of marine animals
- Which tools for UX are your favorites
- How do I upset a startup founder
- Why is Tollywood called Tollywood
- What are comments in C.
- How can I unblock restricted numbers
- Which country has the best armed forces?
- How are the Romans doing now?
- Who is Doomsday in DC Comics
- What are the examples of fastidious bacteria
- What are the salaries for BTS stylists
- How popular will Facebook's Slingshot app get?
- What is the extended scale
- How do you teach yourself new things
- Why do we plant fruit trees
- Can fruit flies lay eggs in humans
- Am I worthless 2
- Why did the crisis in America come in 2008