Who is Sambhaji Bhide
Govt silencing protests against Sambhaji Bhide, says Prakash Ambedkar
Bharip Bahujan Mahasangh President Prakash Ambedkar. (File)
Raid on Elgar Parishad members: the politics of vengeance, says Prakash Ambedkar
Bhima-Koregaon case: Prakash Ambedkar demands Sambhaji Bhide arrest from March 26th
No alliance with the NCP provided you have political patronage to Milind Ekbote, says Prakash Ambedkar
The police raids on Dalit activists over Pune, Mumbai and Nagpur are part of a larger plan keeping those silent on questions about the behavior of far-right leader Sambhaji Bhide, Bharip Bahujan Mahasangh President Prakash Ambedkar said on Wednesday. According to Ambedkar, Bhide was partially responsible for fomenting disputes in Koregaon Bhima on January 1st.
Ambedkar said: “After our protest rally in Mumbai we had been advised of some offensive comment from a Raosaheb Patil, a close aide of Bhide. The far right activists had threatened Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis. We produced the posts along with the evidence. So far, no action has been taken against the far right activist. " Stating that the raids were intended to intimidate activists whose laptops and cell phones have been confiscated, Ambedkar said, "These tactics will not work or intimidate our employees." While announcing that the party was gear up for another protest during the monsoon session, he said, "What's terrifying is the role of the RSS worker named Krishna in Govandi, who was present when the raids were carried out."
He said, "The BJP used the notion of urban Naxalism to thwart the workers from voicing public affairs." Ambedkar ‘s allegations against the police and the government have been dismissed by officials as unfounded. Senior officer in the department of home, requesting anonymity, said, “Whether it was Elgar Parishad rally or Koregaon Bhima, the role of individuals who are irritating talk or incited the mob will be determined. Everything is done as per laid down norms. " In a democracy, political parties have the right to protest. But if there is violence, the police will investigate and crack the whip on those who are responsible, he said.
On Tuesday, Maharashtra police raided some Dalit activists and supporters who resulted in a fallout from the January 1st caste riots in Koregaon Bhima. The raids were carried out in Nagpur, Pune and Mumbai.
For all the latest India news, download the Indian Express app
- What's wrong with pickup artist techniques
- Why is language and communication important
- How do newspapers get involved in marketing
- Are infrared lights visible in the dark
- Do you feel you have an opinion?
- Working dimmers on LED lights
- Why is exercise really important
- What is Adyen doing
- Why are people allergic to wool
- How far do neutrinos travel
- What is an algorithm in AI
- Why do some face toners contain alcohol?
- Why do girls wear skirts
- What is tag data
- Are Shaolin monks bulletproof
- Which projector should I buy
- What is the mass of the big bang
- How many formal errors of logic are there?
- Why am I stressed while painting?
- What is Scarlett Johansson Height
- Whatever happened to Tarzan and Jane
- Who wrote the Grinch
- Cheats a character flaw