How much meat do you eat every day
How much meat is the right amount?
There is a lot of arguing about the amount of meat, some consider meat to be the main component of the meal, for others it is at best a fine side dish.
The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends eating meat in moderation, a total of no more than 300-600 grams (g) of meat and sausage per week for an adult.
Here you will find the DGE's 10 rules for wholesome food and drink. Processed meat in particular - sausage and meat products - should only be consumed in moderate amounts, as the cancer researchers of the World Health Organization (WHO) emphasized in autumn 2015.
The right portion size
Different amounts of meat are recommended depending on the dish.
As a rule of thumb, these numbers apply per serving:
|Boneless meat:||125 - 150 g|
|Meat on the bone:||150 - 250 g|
|Minced meat:||100-150 g|
|Sausage insert:||50-90 g|
In many cases, however, the quantities can also be reduced. For more information, see How much meat does a portion need?
Is it also possible without meat?
If you want to do without meat entirely, you can do so without any problems. There is enough protein in milk, yoghurt, cheese, legumes and cereals; Combinations such as potatoes with egg, or milk with cereal / bread are ideal. Instead of meat, fish can of course also be eaten. Vitamins and iron are mainly offered by whole grain cereal products, ideally always in combination with vegetables or fruit rich in vitamin C.
If you don't just want to do without meat, but also dairy products and eggs, you have to deal a little more intensively with the value of food in order to still have a full-fledged diet. We will provide you with a separate article about what you need to know about vegetarian and vegan nutrition.
- Should I have a dog 1
- Why is clean energy important
- Would you ever come back to New Orleans
- What are some amazing facts about snakes
- Artan Trihexyphenidyl increases dopamine
- What analytics tools track Ajax events
- Where do I test WordPress plugins
- What is the daily chicken consumption worldwide
- Why is Bengali Punjabi called a breed
- What are some good communication network simulators
- How do planes communicate with each other
- Messi is still playing the FIFA game
- What are some successful landing page examples
- Reputation and reputation are the same
- Does this apology seem real?
- What are the possible solutions for the pollution
- What is a fire pump
- How did you develop your coding skills
- What is the current ranking of the NLU
- How do I improve essays
- What are the best topics for events
- Which country has the most daemme?
- How is Larry Ellison personally
- Are girls inferior in India
- Evolution occurs at a constant rate
- How many trophies has MS Dhoni received
- How do I become a perfect architect
- Does Google Translate work in China
- What is x if 9x 9 90
- Which programming language is open source
- What is the application of abrasive garnet
- Why isn't Eevee the mascot of Pokemon
- Are Chinook dogs hypoallergenic