What is umpteen space
ninety nine armchairs
Exhibition in the designforum Vienna
Exhibition opening & book presentation: Tue, March 5th, 2019, 7 p.m.
designforum Vienna, quartier21 / MQ, Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Vienna
Over a period of five years, around 300 architecture students at the Vienna University of Technology dealt intensively with the topic of reuse of used building materials as part of the workshop space 1: 1 course of the research area interior design. The task of the design exercise consisted of designing a chair from a used three-layer panel, which had already served as concrete formwork on the construction site. As part of the resource-saving use of the material, tight panel dimensions of 100 x 50 centimeters were specified. A structurally stable, but also ergonomically perfect chair had to be developed using a cutting plan. The project was conceived and supervised by the lecturers Günter Pichler and Mark Wallerberger from the research area interior design.
The results show the high creative potential of the students, as well as the possibility to design functionally high-quality chair prototypes due to material and economic restrictions. The ambition was to turn more into less: "Less is more" is certainly one of the greatest challenges of our time and the most important goal of sustainable product design. As part of the exhibition at the designforum Wien, the publication “nine and nine armchairs” and selected chair prototypes will be presented.
|Exhibition & opening times:|
Tue, March 5th - Sun, March 10th 2019
Mon - Fri, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
The interior design team is looking forward to your visit.
- What if the bladder is already open
- How does meditation cure neuropathy
- How can a person be hypnotized
- Why are the Audi cars overpriced?
- Was Lord Halifax a Nazi
- Can birds have a mental illness?
- Startups that are losing money pay taxes
- Should I take IELTS or CAE
- What is quantitative geography
- Specifically what are azides
- When were drugs first introduced?
- How could Syria attack America?
- How do I build a smart kitchen
- Why are you worth it
- The mechanism in chemistry is important for boards
- How do I delete a specific git commit
- Who is Antoine Griezmann
- Obama was the first non-Christian president
- How is network traffic monitored in schools
- Python is easier than Java
- How to say pompoes in Hindi
- Can you drink 190 percent alcohol
- What is 23 33 35 45 5
- What was special about Gandhi