Who invented the water bottle?
Who invented the glass bottle?
A very specific inventor of the glass bottle cannot be named to this day. It is likely that the Egyptians were the first to develop a technique with which they could make glass vessels. At that time the so-called "sand core technology" was used. Very complex and not at all suitable for the mass production of glass bottles.
A great experiment in the 1st century BC BC paved the way
The real origin and simplification of the glass bottle, as well as its production, took place in the 1st century BC. Instead of. In Tire and Sidon, two cities in Lebanon, a glazier had the brilliant idea. He used a pre-made glass tube and put the end in his crucible. He thus removed part of the melt and began to blow air into it. The melt formed into a bubble, as we know it today mainly from the manufacture of handmade glasses.
Now you had the chance to produce that shaped glass, which was previously a luxury good, in larger quantities. And always in the way you need it. For example as a glass bottle. The complex process had become a very simple one. Glass bottles, jugs and other vessels found their way into everyday life. From Lebanon, traders and craftsmen spread the technology, as well as the goods made of glass.
In this way, Syria developed into a center for glass products as early as the second century. It didn't take long for this great product to make it to Rome and from there to the provinces of the Roman Empire. In the remains of Pompeii, which was destroyed in 79, archaeologists found the remains of glass bottles in which wine was served at the time.
Dark times came
From then on, glass and glass bottles were used more and more frequently. But the further development continued. A lot happened between the 7th and 9th centuries in this regard, but there is no solid evidence. The Roman Empire lost its power and the Middle Ages began. The art of glass was now mainly taught in Greece and Turkey. The hollow glass that made vessels possible was considered a masterpiece of craftsmanship here. The technology from Lebanon was retained and is still in use today.
This was just the summary. Do you want to read the entire story? We found this information on Cremisan.de.
<<< back to the guide
My claim: I only recommend and rate products that I can assess and recommend in terms of content and subject matter. Restricted or individual recommendations are also explained. If I have tested individual headsets myself, this is clearly indicated in the appropriate place.
Many thanks for your support! 💙
- America is underestimated
- What is meant by delayed transmission
- Should I buy stocks in US Foods?
- What is the valence of sulfuric acid
- How does buying auto insurance help you
- How do the Vietnamese say Merry Christmas?
- Bosch gives its employees accommodation
- Are transuranic elements extracted from uranium
- Should all my money be stored digitally
- The Revolution is tweeted
- Couldn't they develop a bus system
- What is an Ecommerce SEO
- We'll become smartphone addicts
- What is a sponsor in clinical research
- What are some harmless pain relievers
- Must use toothpaste
- What are the best recruiters in Hyderabad
- Can you implant memories
- Who is the mother in BTS
- Are teachers racially biased towards black students
- What is the most versatile food
- How do you become an art model
- Where did you study Islam?
- How concentrated are aircraft pilots when flying?
- What to do after the exam
- Global warming can only be delayed
- How is the Aichi Scholarship Japan
- Why is my kitten getting fat
- What are the richest areas in California
- What's your rating of Wefunder
- What services does telecommunications offer?
- What are multi-author blogs
- What to do after the exam