How am I supposed to do theater in Jaipur
Our expert tips for your trip to Jaipur
Over three million people live in Jaipur in Rajasthan's Golden Triangle. The capital of the former princely state of the same name, founded in 1727, impresses with numerous historical evidence. Imposing historical buildings, exciting museums and busy theaters characterize the varied scenery. Experience the old town with its pink facades - the Pink City -, the City Palace and the Palace of the Winds.
Visit Jaipur from October to March, when it is not so oppressively hot and there is little rain. Fewer
Visit one of these attractions on your Jaipur trip
Palace of the Winds
The distinctive landmark of the city
A UNESCO World Heritage Observatory
A dreamlike, spacious palace complex
Which sights to explore in Jaipur?
1. Jaipur old town
The old town of Jaipur shines brightly pink, in the color of hospitality. A huge city wall with battlements and gates surrounds the lively scenery, which resembles a gigantic bazaar. An experience not to be missed on your Jaipur trip. Everything is praised: artistic carpets, brightly colored textiles, figures of gods, TV sets and mountains of fruit and vegetables. Behind the Tripolia bazaar rises the 35 meter high Iswari Minar Swarga Sal minaret. From its height you can enjoy a fantastic panoramic view of the imposing skyline.
2. Palace of the Winds
The Palace of the Winds or Hawa Mahal in the old town, built in 1799, is Jaipur's distinctive landmark. From the darkened windows of the magnificently decorated facade with its countless little oriel turrets, the ladies of the Maharaja's court once watched the hustle and bustle on the street. Follow them and climb up the stairs and ramps on the back of the facade to the galleries.
3. City Palace
The atmospheric courtyards of the 18th century city palace are particularly worth visiting the residence of the royal family. The dignified rooms are now a single museum and impress with fine carpets, old weapons, precious miniatures and richly decorated carriages. The highlight of a tour is the Pfauenhof with its four imaginatively decorated gates, which represent the four seasons.
4. UNESCO World Heritage Jantar Mantar Observatory
The Jantar Mantar observatory, which was built by 1734, adopted the astronomical hypotheses of Ptolemy, Galileo and Copernicus. In the open air, pillars, triangles and circles similar to sculptures are made of brick. With these enigmatic structures, the positions of stars and planets can be determined, and the times at all points on earth can be calculated. You can also marvel at a 27 meter high sundial. Experienced guides will be happy to introduce you to the secrets of astronomy.
5. Raj Mandir Cinema
It has 1,200 seats, the Raj Mandir Cinema on Bhagwan Das Road, one of the most impressive cinemas in Asia. Even its facade is an extraordinary mixture of asymmetrical shapes, curves and patterns that are illuminated by mysterious light sources at night. The pompous interior of the cinema with its large dome and majestic chandeliers is also unique. Ask at your hotel about the premiere of the next film from the Bollywood dream factory.
6. Amber Fort
An excursion that you should not miss on your Jaipur trip leads to the Amber Fort, which is enthroned on a mountainside, eleven kilometers northeast of the city center. The extensive palace complex, built in 1552, can be reached by a comfortable ten-minute walk. Behind the picturesque Ganesha Gate, a fairy tale world of enchanting arcades and delightful water features in front of splendid inner courtyards opens up to you. A sight that you will never forget is the fantastic view of Jaipur and the hilly surrounding area. Fewer
You can discover Jaipur on these trips
Discover these exciting places too
- Do arthropods reproduce sexually or asexually
- Phosphates are completely banned in detergents
- Is black salt better than table salt
- What makes the skin rough in winter
- Use Pipedrive
- Will data be consumed in the event of a failed download
- How is the dark side of the ISFJ
- How do you say blockchain in Khmer
- Will there ever be another black president?
- Should I buy Lenovo a1000 smartphone
- What is strategic planning and management
- What does Allah mean in English
- Would you recommend learning Python alongside C ++
- How malnutrition causes hypoglycemia
- Kills whiskey bees and wasps
- Facebook so called bot is free
- When did decadence become a bad thing?
- Why should organizations develop social capital?
- How many data scientists work at Uber
- How can I check my Adhaar card?
- How do people use logic
- What software is used in the animation
- What Native Americans lived in North Carolina
- Which mediocre superpower would you choose
- How did the daemonization fail
- Is the communist manifesto a perfect job
- Conducts electricity
- Which element shows the maximum oxidation state
- What does Zechariah 11 13 refer to
- What does au the blanc
- What is the seventh player in volleyball
- How many long rivers are there in India?
- What are contract sales in a BPO
- What happened when you stopped wearing makeup