How does policosanol help lower cholesterol levels
Lower cholesterol without tablets
For a few years now, types of margarine have been offered that are supposed to lower cholesterol. They contain so-called plant sterols, which can inhibit the absorption of cholesterol. It is still unclear whether these margarines improve health.
Other foods are also sometimes claimed to lower cholesterol. These include in particular: artichoke extracts, fish oil, garlic, Indian myrrh, policosanol (a sugar cane extract), red rice flour, soy, walnuts, products with soluble fiber such as psyllium husks and green tea extracts (catechin extracts). Many of these products are sold in capsule form as dietary supplements. So far, however, it has not been shown for any of these agents that they can prevent secondary diseases.
Most drugs don't even have convincing evidence that they can lower cholesterol at all. Studies have only been carried out on catechin products that contain green tea extracts: They were able to lower the cholesterol level slightly in people with high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia): total cholesterol fell by an average of around 6 mg / dl and the LDL value by about 4 mg / dl. However, it cannot be deduced from this that catechin extracts also improve health, e.g. prevent heart attacks. In addition, the studies were too short to say anything about the long-term effects of such products.
- Slack is now a 17 billion company
- Should I invest in Tencent?
- How do I make a good logo
- What diseases do the homeless have
- Which electric car should I buy
- What is the CIAs Vault7 hacking tool
- How are catecholamines synthesized
- Which are some online email sellers
- How beautiful is Sunnyvale
- What do you think of John Cleese
- How much alprazolam can a person kill
- How animals store ascorbic acid vitamin C.
- How is AWS 2FA secured
- What are action and reaction pair forces
- What is accumulation region in mosfet
- Is the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Chicago
- How can I cancel my Experian membership
- TU Delft is LGBT friendly
- Where do rich people keep their money
- Why aren't sociopaths bullied by psychopaths
- How is the Dutch culture in Pennsylvania
- Can someone complain about poor free service
- What is the Pluto light
- What is Fellini's best work