Postpartum depression is a mental illness
Postpartum depression is almost 100 percent curable
Postpartum depression or mental disorders related to pregnancy and motherhood are not uncommon. About 15-20 percent of all mothers develop what is known as postpartum depression (postpartum depression) within the first year after giving birth. One in a thousand mothers even suffered from so-called postpartum psychosis.
The number of unreported cases is high. One of the main reasons is that the affected mothers often do not talk about their negative feelings out of shame and fear of the reactions from those around them. Another reason is unfortunately still inadequate diagnosis and care for the affected mothers. There are too few well-trained specialists and too few suitable contact points.
Enlightenment! Enlightenment! Enlightenment! With our project "Postpartum Depression" we want to draw attention to the suffering of sick mothers and support them and their relatives as well as inform them about the symptoms, treatment options and offers of help. The aim is to sensitize parents and specialists to the issue in advance of the birth so that they can intervene at an early stage.
On this page you will find an information flyer that you can download or order in paper form from our publications.
The disease is examined from different perspectives in videos: An affected couple talks about the difficult time after the birth when the mother suffered from postpartum depression.
The affected mother, author and psychological consultant Britta Scheufens, explains, among other things, the difference between baby blues, postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis as well as the symptoms, treatment and help options.
And finally, Aline Middeldorf, midwife in Cologne, talks about her experiences with mental illnesses during and after pregnancy.
- Is an iPad helpful when studying?
- What is the pollFirst method in Java
- What does CC from NC SA
- Why are insurance premiums increasing
- Billionaires own gold and silver
- Where can I ask for a donation
- Emotions become obsolete at some point
- Git revision control what is branching
- Why is the dog not a knight?
- What network tools are you using
- How is the transportation in KIET Ghaziabad
- Is college free in Denmark
- What happens after unlocking Android devices
- How does an electric hydraulic pump work
- What is coupling in microservices
- Learning to play the keyboard is easy
- What is the main course in automotive engineering
- What happens if a dog licks bleach
- What chemical makes paper crispy like papad
- Why civilization never started with democracy
- How do I forget him
- How safe is CyanogenMod
- Old folks tweet
- What is the epitome of moral choices