Who uses Socket IO in production
Maximum simultaneous Socket.IO connections
This question has been asked before but not recently and with no clear answer.
When using Socket.io, is there a maximum number of concurrent connections that can be kept before you need to add another server?
Does anyone know of active production environments where websockets (especially socket.io) are used extensively? I would really like to know what type of setup is best for maximum connections.
Since websockets are based on TCP, I believe they are bound to the 64K port limit as long as the ports are not shared between connections. But I've also seen reports of 512K connections with Gretty. So i don't know.
This article can help you with that: http://drewww.github.io/socket.io-benchmarking/
I asked myself the same question and at the end wrote a little test (with XHR polling) to see when the connections were failing (or falling back). I found (in my case) that the sockets started working around 1400-1800 concurrent connections.
This is a quick recap that I did, similar to the test I used: https://gist.github.com/jmyrland/5535279
I tried using socket.io on AWS. I can hold a maximum of 600 connections stable.
And I found out that it's because socket.io used long queries first and later updated to websocket.
After setting the configuration to only use websocket, I can keep around 9000 connections.
Set this configuration on the client side:
For + 300k simultaneous connection:
Put these variables in:
Also change these variables to:
And finally, increase the TCP buffers as well:
Further information can be found at https://www.linangran.com/?p=547
- When is ProductSchool coming to Seattle 1
- Why isn't Starbucks playing Captain Beefheart
- I'll burn myself underwater
- How do you feel differently in yoga?
- What makes mankind so beautiful
- Why do people like Coroplast films 4x8
- Is it vaping against the Bible?
- What is an algorithm in AI
- Who are some notable black cowboys
- Why do restaurants skip ketchup
- What is trivalent bond
- Absorbs gravel water
- Why animals didn't create a civilization
- Why don't Indians accept mental illness?
- Is Vietnam ready to introduce cloud technologies?
- How do introverted colleagues deal with problems
- Will BTS ever come to Morocco
- Who would win Sauron or Eowyn?
- Who is Ryan Fitzpatrick
- What is bonus tolerance in DG T.
- What are popular brands
- What are the Symptoms of Trichomonas
- How old is the hobbit
- How can inexperienced people make money quickly
- What are examples of neutral stimuli
- Why is tidal energy so unexplored
- How do I make a pudding yellowish
- What is it like to work in the Congo?
- Can the subconscious make decisions
- How edible mushrooms germinate
- What are book bags made of?
- What types of companies use transcription services
- Which river divides India into two parts