When are polymorphic association rails used
Strange time zone problem with Pytz
Life is Strange Partner in Time Issue 13 of 16 Reading How does she live?
An offset of seven hours and 37 minutes? That's a little strange, does anyone have the same problem?
In fact, I get a different behavior in between
- What's the problem with accuracy?
- See stackoverflow.com/questions/11442183/…
- Possible duplicate of the Python datetime object shows an incorrect time zone offset
Time zones and offsets change over the years. The default zone name and offset given by pytz when creating a time zone object are the earliest available for that zone, and at times they can seem strange. When you use to append the zone to a date, the correct zone name and offset are replaced. Simply using the constructor for appending the zone to the date does not allow for proper customization.
While I'm sure historical changes in time zones are a factor, passing the Pytz time zone object to the DateTime constructor leads to strange behavior, even in time zones where no changes have been made since it was first introduced.
If you create the datetime object and then localize it, you will get the results you expect
- Before November 1883, there were no standard time zones in the United States. Time was local: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_the_United_States#History. I'm assuming the time zone database returns New York time.
- If you look at sample data from the Olson database, you can see that New York was offset from before. So it is wrong that the New York time zone never changed.
- I am corrected. That would explain this behavior for data times in 1883, but not for 2020
- See my answer. The tzinfo object doesn't know what date you're going to use with it unless you use it. For some reason, Pytz thinks 1883 is as likely as 2020.
- 1 Correct, but it is still reasonable to expect datetime to use the time zone object passed in according to the data parameters passed to its constructor.
Author: Rhys Tapia, email
- What qualifies as a leader
- Is China the new global bully
- Is magnesium an anion or an effect
- Can money be someone's only motivation
- What is the future of cardiothoracic surgery
- What are the main types of fertilizers
- How do navigation systems work
- What makes using metric units easy
- Can we forget how to love
- What are craft breweries
- Why is Nepal so beautiful for hiking
- How do killer drones work
- Why are wolves portrayed as monsters
- There are videos of lethal injections
- Finding the best employee management software
- Why do modern cars use turbochargers
- Are sugar beets different from normal beets
- What do you hate about the Netherlands?
- Auto repair shops accept checks
- How can I ask for payment
- Was Bran closer to Jon or Robb
- Truncate deletes a table structure
- Can Buddhist monks wear sunglasses?
- What is the seventh player in volleyball