Are you born a Legilimen
Is Legilimacy a Dark Art? Is it legal
"The mind is not a book that can be opened at will and examined at will. Thoughts are not engraved on the inside of the skull for every intruder to read. The mind is a complex and multilayered thing ... It is It however, it is true that those who have mastered legitimacy can, under certain conditions, immerse themselves in the minds of their victims and correctly interpret their results. "
Severus' use of the word suggests an eerie connotation with the use of this magic, but this could just be Snape's pessimistic view of life.
Given that Dumbledore is a seasoned Legilimens, it probably isn't considered a dark art. However, it is likely to be regulated in some way. The Harry Potter Lexicon makes this observation:
However, we do know that Veritaserum's use is restricted by law, and we've seen Snape and Dumbledore work together on emergency (GF35) use with no apparent reference to such regulations.
Given the invasive nature of the spell, it is very likely that the use of legitimacy would be considered unethical unless deemed necessary. Snape and Dumbledore had a wrong reason (healing potions) for teaching Harry Occlumency (through legitimacy) and asked him to be discreet about what was really going on. Maybe it was because teaching a student was seedy, or maybe they just didn't want Voldemort to find out they were trying to protect him.
If legitimacy is illegal (or restricted by law), it is possible that Snape is guilty of abusing his skills in the field. In all of the books, Harry has the impression that Snape can read his mind. It is possible that he read his mind.
- Why am I losing focus
- How does vengeance create tragedy in Frankenstein?
- Is intuition a self-evident mechanism
- How do I melt crayons
- Is a sleeping pill overdose painful
- Which database works with kafka
- What are the advantages of masochism
- World Trade Organization When the US signed TRIPS
- How can I crossdress myself as a woman?
- What are the treatments for self hypnosis
- What are the types of mortgages
- What is intra-group
- How is the Congress in Punjab?
- Are green potatoes edible?
- Why do people irritate others
- Which careers should I pursue later?
- TU Delft is LGBT friendly
- How was Walmart turned into a franchise
- Why are African soils poor
- Carson Wentz got overpaid
- How can I look within without losing faith
- Is a Stratocaster good for playing rockabilly
- What is the best content marketing model
- How do you become an art model