Was Derek Jeter better than Ernie Banks
100 sports quotes for the right motivation
The following inspirational sports quotes all have something in common. They express how to use Willpower and determination can overcome those obstacles that life sometimes confronts us. Hopefully you will find the right one by reading our selection of life wisdoms motivation:
100 motivational sports quotes
― Bo Jackson (Greatest athlete who has played both baseball and American football professionally)
2. "The great masterpiece in life is to achieve goals and consciously experience the present."
― Jörg Löhr (Former German national handball player and speaker)
3. “Age is not an obstacle. It is a limit that you set for yourself. "
― Jackie Joyner-Kersee (Olympic champion in heptathlon)
4. "Hard work defeats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough."
― Tim Notke (High school basketball coach)
5. "Don't measure yourself against what you have achieved, but against what you would be able to achieve."
― John Wooden ("The Magician of Westwood" won 10 NCAA titles in 12 years as the head coach of the UCLA basketball team)
6. "You never mess with" picture "- or you win Wimbledon."
― Boris Becker (German tennis legend and Olympic champion)
7. "You can only win if you learn how to lose."
― Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Superstar basketball player with a 20 year career in the NBA)
8. "If you can't beat them in the game, beat them through training."
― Ben Hogan (One of the best golfers who have ever played this sport)
9. "The will is stronger than the ability."
― Kevin Constantine (American ice hockey coach)
― Max Schmeling (German boxing legend and world heavyweight champion 1930 - 1932)
11. "Never give up! Failures and setbacks are only the first step to success. "
― Jim Valvano (American college basketball player, coach, and presenter)
12. "Winners play until they get it right."
― Billie Jean King (Great tennis player and women's rights activist)
13. "You have to choose either the pain of discipline or the pain of remorse each day."
― Eric Mangini (American football coach in the NFL)
14. "Perseverance can turn failure into exceptional performance."
― Matt Biondi (Olympic swimmer with 11 medals)
15. “Strength doesn't come from winning. You grow with your challenges. When you face resistance and you decide to stick with it, that is strength. "
― Arnold Schwarzenegger (Austrian-American bodybuilder legend, became a movie hero and governor)
16. “You never really play against an opponent. You play against yourself - against your own highest standards, and when you reach your limit it's pure joy. "
― Arthur Ashe (The only African American to win both Wimbledon and the US Open)
17. "If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you."
― Fred Devito (Fitness guru)
18. "Never limit yourself, never be satisfied and smile ... It's free!"
― Jennie Finch (Softball thrower and Olympic medalist)
19. "Good is not good when you expect better."
― Vin Scully (One of the most respected sports reporters in American history)
― Usain Bolt (World record holder in short distance running from Jamaica)
21. "The more I practice, the happier I get."
― Gary Player (South African golfer who is one of the best of his time)
22. "Believe me, the reward doesn't feel so good without the effort."
― Wilma Rudolph (Overcame her disabilities and became the first American to win three gold medals in an Olympics)
23. "If you don't invest a lot, defeat won't hurt too much and win won't be particularly exciting."
― Dick Vermeil (Long-term NFL trainer and sports commentator)
24. "A life is not important except in terms of the impact it has on other lives."
― Jackie Robinson (First African American to play in the major basketball league)
25. "It's not the size of a man that counts, but the size of his heart."
― Evander Holyfield (Hall of Fame boxer who held cruiserweight and heavyweight titles)
26. “I start early and stay late, day after day, year after year. It took me 17 years and 114 days to become successful overnight. "
― Lionel Messi (Argentine footballer who is widely considered to be one of the greatest of all time)
27. “An athlete cannot run with money in his pocket. He has to run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head. "
― Emil Zatopek (Czech long-distance runner who won three gold medals in the 1952 Olympics)
28. "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."
― Tommy Lasorda (Successful L.A. Dodgers manager for over two decades)
29. "There may be people who are more talented than you, but there is no excuse for someone to work harder than you."
― Derek Jeter (Five-time world champion with the New York Yankees)
― Pelé (Believed to be the greatest footballer in history)
31. "Nobody who has ever done their best has regretted it later."
― George Halas (Founder, Owner, and Head Coach of the NFL Chicago Bears)
32. "You can always get better."
― Tiger Woods (One of the most inspiring golfers of all time)
33. "A good boxer can also be afraid."
― Henry mask (German boxing legend and world champion)
34. "To realize your true potential, you must first experience your own limits and then have the courage to overcome them."
― Picabo Street (Former Alpine World Cup ski racer and Olympic gold medalist)
35. "If you don't go all the way, why are you going at all?"
― Joe Namath ("Broadway Joe" is the legendary quarterback who made a name for himself with the New York Jets)
36. "It's not the mountains ahead that tire you, it's the pebble in your shoe."
― Muhammad Ali (Legendary heavyweight boxing champion)
37. "As long as we hold out and endure, we can get anything we want."
― Mike Tyson (Heavyweight boxing champion and self-proclaimed "worst man on the planet")
38. “The pain goes away. It could be a minute or an hour or a day or a year, but eventually it will wear off and something else will take its place. However, if I stop, it's forever. "
― Lance Armstrong (Multiple winner of the Tour de France)
39. "A champion is someone who gets up when they can't."
― Jack Dempsey (Heavyweight world champion between 1919 and 1926)
― Michael Phelps (American swimmer and record holder of 28 Olympic medals)
41. "A Lothar Matthäus cannot be defeated by his body, a Lothar Matthäus decides his own fate."
― Lothar Matthäus (Former German soccer player and coach as well as TV soccer expert)
42. "It's all about the way, not the result."
― Carl Lewis (Era-defining Olympic Athletics Star)
43. "You are never a loser until you stop trying."
― Mike Ditka (Hall of Fame NFL players and coaches)
44. "Always do your best, even when the odds are against you."
― Arnold Palmer (One of the greatest and most charismatic golfers)
45. "Today I do what others don't, so tomorrow I can achieve something that others can't."
― Jerry Rice (Commonly known as the greatest receiver ever to play in the NFL)
46. "What makes something special is not just what you have to win, but also what you can lose."
― Andre Agassi (Las Vegas tennis star who revolutionized the sport)
47. “Top performance in sport and a pleasurable life are like fire and water. One cannot serve two masters alike. Either ... or!"
― Sepp Herberger (German soccer player and coach)
48. “Excellence is not a one-off act, but a habit. You are what you do regularly. "
― Shaquille O'Neal(Hall of Fame NBA basketball player)
49. "When you have everything under control, you are not moving fast enough."
― Mario Andretti(One of only two drivers who have won races in Formula 1, IndyCar, World Sportscar Championship and NASCAR)
― Mary Lou Retton (American Olympic champion in gymnastics)
51. “When it comes to ambition, there are only two options: you have it or you don't. There is no life in between. "
― Pat Riley (Former player, coach and president of the Miami Heat NBA team)
52. "If you are afraid of failure, you don't deserve to be successful!"
― Charles Barkley (Former NBA Star)
53. "You won't achieve much in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."
― Jerry West (Ex-NBA player and coach who won gold at the 1960 Olympics)
54. "If you only ever give 90% in training, you will only ever give 90% when it matters."
― Michael Owen (Liverpool FC goalscorer)
55. “Being an athlete is more than just having certain physical abilities. Sport happens in the head. "
― Stefan Raab (German TV presenter and inventor of numerous sporting events)
56. "Believe in it and it will happen."
― Michael Strahan (Celebrated N.Y. Giants NFL player)
57. "You can think of a champion as someone who, bathed in sweat, torments himself from exhaustion when no one else is watching."
― Anson Dorrance (American women's soccer coach in the NCAA)
58. “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and never sit in the corner crying. Find another way. "
― Satchel Paige(May lay claim to the title of Best Pitcher Ever in Professional Baseball History)
59. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does. That’s what makes you a winner. "
― Venus Williams (Professional tennis player with 4 Olympic gold medals)
― Dirk Nowitzki (German basketball legend)
61. “Do you know what I love most about this game? To have the opportunity to play. "
― Mike Singletary (Famous soccer player and coach in the NFL and college level)
62. "Believing in yourself and making your dreams come true ... That's success!"
― Sasha Azevedo (Former gymnast and later actor)
63. "I think that the good and the great are only separated from each other by sacrifice."
― Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Former NBA legend)
64. "Everything is practice."
― Bill Shankley (Legendary Liverpool F.C. Manager)
65. "Show me a happy loser and I'll show you the mistake."
― Knute Rockne (Notre-Dame alum is widely recognized as one of the greatest college football coaches of all time)
66. "Life should be a challenge, because challenges are what make you grow."
― Manny Pacquiao (One of the professional boxers in history and a living legend in his homeland, the Philippines)
67. "Make sure your greatest enemy doesn't live between your own ears."
— Laird Hamilton (American big wave surfer)
68. “The five pillars of sports training are: endurance, speed, strength, dexterity and the mind; but the greatest of these is the spirit. "
― Ken Doherty (World Snooker Champion from Ireland)
69. "You have to learn to enjoy a competition."
― Katarina Witt(German figure skater, multiple world champion and Olympic champion)
― Babe Ruth ("The Great Bambino" was a revered baseball player and home run hitter)
71. “It is not the will to win that counts. Everyone has that. It is the will to prepare for victory that counts. "
― Paul "Bear" Bryant(Won 6 championships in his 25-year career as an Alabama soccer coach)
72. “Find the good. It's all around you. Find it, present it and you will start to believe it. "
— Jesse Owens (One of the most famous athletes in history thanks to his 4 gold medals at the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin)
73. “I can't do anything with lazy people. We don't speak the same language. I do not understand you. I don't want to understand them. "
― Kobe Bryant (Won 5 NBA championships with the L.A. Lakers)
74. "Whoever said," It doesn't matter whether you win or lose "has probably lost."
― Martina Navratilova (Record tennis star)
75. "What you lack in talent can be made up with drive, diligence and constant giving of 110 percent."
― Don room (Spent 65 years in professional baseball as a player and then as a coach)
76. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is courage that counts."
― Alicia Coutts (Olympic swimmer from Australia)
77. “Courage doesn't mean you aren't afraid. Courage means that you don't let fear stop you. "
― Bethany Hamilton (Champion surfer who couldn't be stopped by the loss of an arm by a shark attack)
78. “Sport doesn't build character. He reveals him. "
— Heywood Broun (Famous American Sports Writer)
79. "If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it."
― Ronnie Lott (Played 14 seasons in the NFL for the San Francisco 49ers)
― Gabby Williams(NBA professional basketball player)
81. "Just go on. Everyone gets better if they stick with it. "
― Ted Williams (His 19-year professional baseball career was only interrupted by military service)
82. “God gives talent; Work transforms talent into ingenuity. "
― Anna Pavlova (Russian prima ballerina)
83. “Be the hardest working person you can be. This is how you stand out from the competition. "
― Stephen Curry (Considered the greatest shooter in NBA history by many experts)
84. "The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is crucial."
― Joe Paterno(The most victorious soccer coach in NCAA FBS history)
85. "The most important thing about winning is believing that you can win no matter who you play against."
― Lawrence Dalaglio (Former English rugby captain and Hall of Fame candidate)
86. "Every passion has its providence."
― Billy Mills (First American to win an Olympic gold medal at 10,000 meters)
87. "To achieve great things, you have to believe in them first."
― Arsène Wenger(Senior manager at Arsenal Football Club)
88. "If you train hard, not only will you be tough, you'll be hard to beat too."
– Herschel Walker (Heisman Trophy Winner and NFL Superstar)
89. “Good, better, best. Never stop doing that. Until your good is better and your better is the best. "
― Tim Duncan (Led the San Antonio Spurs to five championships in the National Basketball Association)
– Wayne Gretzky (Probably the best ice hockey player ever)
91. "Any time you have the opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, you are wasting your time on earth."
– Roberto Clemente (Former Pittsburgh Pirates Great and Member of the Baseball Hall of Fame)
92. “When people are successful, it's because of their hard work. Happiness has nothing to do with success. "
– Diego Maradona(Argentina's greatest football and national icon of all time)
93. "A tiny change today brings a dramatic change tomorrow."
– Richard Bach (American writer and pilot)
94. "The way to" Easy Street "leads through the sewer."
– John Madden (Acclaimed coach, presenter, and the name behind the world's most popular NFL video games)
95. "Your biggest hurdle is not your opponent, but you."
– Brandon Todd (Overcame the hurdle of his small height to become a college gamer who could pop dunks)
96. "When you have something to prove, there is nothing greater than a challenge."
– Terry Bradshaw (High profile former NFL quarterback, later became a TV analyst)
97. "The secret is to believe in your dreams, in your potential, to be like your role model, keep looking for them, keep believing in them and don't lose faith in yourself."
– Neymar (Popular Brazilian soccer player with mind-blowing skills)
98. "The only way to prove you're a good athlete is to lose."
– Ernie Banks ("Mr Sunshine" had an 18-year baseball career with the Chicago Cubs)
99. "If you win, say‘ nothing, if you lose, say ‘even less."
– Paul Brown (Co-founder and first coach of the Cleveland Browns NFL team)
– Michael Jordan (One of the greatest basketball players in history)
Many of our athletes have broken records in their own fields. Whether it was Carl Lewis branding the indoor long jump in 1984 or Michael Phelps' staggering 28 swimming records, the hundred names listed above feature some of the greatest record breakers of all time. Here in Lottoland we also have a very special one Broken world record and not so long ago. In June 2018, we set a new world record for the largest online gambling payout ever. The previous mark was £ 13.2 million (the equivalent of more than 15 million euros), however Lottoland paid the monster sum of 90 million euros to a lucky winner and put the old record in the shade.
You may not be able to break Olympic records, but with Lottoland anyone can become a record hunter!
- There are, like many homophones, in English
- Which software errors occur first when programming?
- What is a comparison and contrast essay
- How was Microsoft PowerPoint developed
- Have roses fruits
- How do you find the net profit
- What do bull moose eat
- Manufactures Australia vehicles
- Cracking can cause living dreams
- The position of the continents will continue to change
- What fills a vacuum
- Is 149 cm tall a problem
- Which artist sang the song music
- What is a professional conversation
- What are the ideals of freedom
- How was Panera Bread founded
- Why is wrongdoing considered wrong?
- Well worth buying the Galaxy A80
- How do I get into entrepreneurship
- How am I supposed to post a Dubsmash
- What are the best films in English
- What is middleware in web applications
- Can obese person do an adventure sport