How do you write in Gmail
Gmail: delete all emails at once - this is how you proceed
So many messages have accumulated in your mailbox that you want to clean up thoroughly. With a few clicks, you can delete all Gmail emails at once - or all messages before a certain date.
If you want to delete several messages at once in Gmail, you first mark them: In the browser on the computer you click in the box in front of a mail, in the apps you long-press several messages. Then select the trash can icon. But what do you do when you want to delete all messages at once?
This is how you empty entire folders in the Gmail inbox
In Gmail, you can delete all of the mails in a folder or label at once. This is how you do it:
- Open Gmail in the browser on your computer and log in. (Deleting all Gmail mails at once is not possible in the smartphone and tablet apps.)
- In the navigation bar on the left, select the folder from which you want to delete all emails. You can also choose labels or categories.
- Above the list with the mails you will see a single empty box and next to it a small arrow pointing downwards. Click on the arrow.
- Click on "All" in the drop-down menu. Gmail automatically marks all messages in the folder you have just opened - but only those on the first page. If you really want to delete all mails in the directory, click on the link "Select all xx conversations in 'Folder name" ", for example" Select all 90 conversations in "Newsletter" ". The link only appears if there are several pages with mails in the directory.
- If you click on the link, the confirmation appears: "All 90 conversations in 'Newsletter' are selected".
- Click the trash can icon. Google will ask you if you really want to take the action. Confirm with "OK". The selected messages end up in the trash.
- If you want to clean up further labels or folders, call them up and repeat the steps mentioned.
Good to know: Deleted emails remain in the trash for 30 days. After that, Gmail will permanently remove them. Until then, you can restore it. If you want to empty the trash immediately, open it and click on the link "Empty trash now" at the top.
You can delete all emails in Gmail that are in a folder. - Picture:Google
Delete all Gmail emails before a certain date
You don't want to remove all the mails in a folder, just old messages? That is not a problem:
- Open Gmail in the browser on the computer. Either stay in the inbox or use the left bar to navigate to a label or folder.
- Click the search box at the top.
- Enter a date according to the following scheme: “before: YYYY / MM / DD”, for example “before: 2019/01/01”. Once you have selected a label, write the date behind the existing label name in the search field, for example “label: newsletter before: 2019/01/01”.
- Hit the Enter key. Gmail will show you all messages in this folder that you received or sent before this date.
- Click on the down arrow in the bar above the list of mails and select “All” from the context menu. Alternatively, click on the link “Select all conversations that match this search”.
- Click on the trash and confirm with "OK". Now all filtered messages will end up in the trash.
Summary: Delete all mail in Gmail
- You can delete all mail in a folder at once in Gmail. To do this, click on the down arrow next to the empty box above the mail list and select "All". This will mark all messages on the first page.
- If there are several pages with mails in the directory, a link will appear at the top that you can use to mark all the mails contained therein.
- Click on the trash can icon to delete the marked emails.
- You can also delete all emails before a certain date. To do this, enter “before: YYYY / MM / DD” in the appropriate directory and then proceed as described.
- All emails end up in the trash first, after 30 days they are permanently deleted.
Are you one of those people who regularly clean up their inbox, or do you keep old emails for years? Let us know in the comments!
You might also be interested in:
- How can I use Quora productively
- Why do office clips stick to magnets
- How did the daemonization fail
- Where can I get Allen Race Sheets
- What is your rating of Cancun Mexico
- How much time does it take to cure jaundice
- What are the major internship websites
- Where is Tilikum the Orca right now?
- Should I do business or continue studying
- Clear acrylic is as clear as glass
- Which cameras does Andreas Gursky use
- Can we travel through time with clear dreams?
- Is INIFD better than NIFT
- What are test statements
- Japanese language What does Nakama mean
- Why should we keep Ganga clean
- What enduring truths does science offer us?
- Which user experience method are you currently using
- What happened to the President of Sudan
- When should you replace your bicycle helmet?
- Donald Trump wears a belt
- What are some hubris examples in the literature
- Is it a selfish act to love someone?
- What is mold remediation