Which foods are the most unsanitary?
How basic foods prevent diseases
You are lying in bed, tired and exhausted, but you cannot sleep because you have heartburn? How it arises and how you can prevent it with alkaline foods and a low-acid diet - we'll show you!
The work piles up, you are stressed and to top it all off, is there an uncomfortable feeling in your esophagus? Almost every third person in Germany suffers from heartburn. It is caused by the reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus, while hyperacidity affects your whole body. Heartburn keeps you awake and degrades the quality of your sleep, so it's best to take countermeasures as early as possible. Because once you continue to suffer from severe heartburn, only the doctor can help.
When we speak of "sour" in connection with nutrition, we often think of acid, that is, of the phosphoric acid in cola or of sour apple rings. But sour is not always sour: Even foods that we wouldn't suspect of causing acidic acidity in our body. And there are many sour foods: pasta, meat, bread - even our beloved coffee or the consumption of sweets can cause heartburn. Eggs, milk, and fish are also considered acidic foods. But why actually?
Good to know:
Sour fruits or vegetables do not cause the body to become over-acidic. Even lemons are considered to be basic fruits due to their minerals. Our body converts lactic, malic or acetic acid into energy, carbon dioxide and water.
Food that we do not necessarily consider acidic is processed in the mouth by saliva, in the stomach by gastric acid or in the intestine by intestinal bacteria. Sulfur and phosphorus-containing amino acids, which are particularly found in protein-containing foods, are broken down at these points in the body and lower the pH value of the body. A large part of the converted acids we breathe or excrete with the urine without any problems. Perspiration also lowers the pH value.
Superfood for superpower!
Download our comparison table for regional vs. exotic superfoods and find out which local products are superpowers!
Acidification symptoms and consequences: This is how you can tell that you are eating too sourly
However, we eat more acidic than basic foods. Our acid-base balance gets out of hand, our body becomes acidic. Over-acidification - called acidosis in medical jargon - is when the pH of the blood is below 7.35. At the other end of the spectrum is alkalosis, which has a pH above 7.45. You see: the normal range is narrow.
The easiest way to find out the pH value is to analyze it in the urine. Unfortunately, it is also the most unhygienic and hardly possible in the stressful everyday working life. The urine must either be collected over the whole day and then analyzed or, alternatively, analyzed at five measurement times spread over the day. This effort is necessary because the urine value is subject to large fluctuations.
The alternative to this is to analyze the blood. Our blood forms a huge reservoir that cushions fluctuations in the pH value. Normally, the body first uses the minerals in the blood to neutralize acids. However, if the minerals are used up and the blood is still too acidic, the body has to take them from its own resources, i.e. from teeth, hair roots, muscles and organs. Muscle pain and tension develop. Hair loss and dandruff, blemishes and pimples can develop. Cellulite increases in women. Immune problems, fatigue and headaches are also consequences of an acidic diet.
App: Basically delicious!
You will find information on over 1,200 foods as to whether they have an acidic, alkaline or neutral effect on your body.
Do alkaline foods help against heartburn?
Unfortunately only to a limited extent. If you have heartburn, you should first avoid acidic fruits and avoid juices such as orange or apple juice. In the long run, however, you can significantly minimize the risk of heartburn with an alkaline, low-acid diet - and then you can go back to fruit juices.
This is what an optimal alkaline nutrition plan looks like
To avoid over-acidification, you don't have to constantly resort to alkaline vegetables or fruit. It often helps if you do without coffee, cola or tea every now and then. Try replacing every other cup of coffee or bottle of iced tea with tap or sparkling water. The water also helps you flush the acidic components out of your body and also dilutes your stomach acid, which in turn helps against heartburn.
How, you can't do without coffee? Maybe trail mix will help you - the raisins are among the best alkaline foods ever. Although nuts are slightly acid-forming, the benefits for the body are greater than with coffee. It is not for nothing that nuts are considered food for the brain. So-called brain food supports you with important vitamins and nutrients and helps you to prepare for a large presentation or an important meeting.
Other basic foods are:
- Fruit and vegetable juices usually contain a lot of fructose, but have a strong base-forming effect. Ask your employer if they can offer fruit juices in addition to cola, tea and coffee.
- Make yourself smoothies. You know what's inside and you can use alkaline foods in a targeted manner.
- For breakfast: fruits such as bananas and non-sour apples, preferably in combination with porridge (oatmeal) instead of sweet corn flakes. This is the best way to start your working day.
- For lunch break: replace meat meals with salad and the yoghurt dressing with apple or balsamic vinegar. Our body converts the vinegar into energy and basic minerals despite the sour taste.
- In the evening: cucumber, peppers or tomatoes instead of sandwiches or sandwiches. Also as a salad or soup.
- And even if it sounds banal: Since a large part of the acid is exhaled, you are doing your body a favor by finding a quiet place, closing your eyes and breathing deeply in and out for a minute. Positive side effect: You reduce your stress and increase your concentration.
A low-acid diet is easier than expected
Fruit and vegetables instead of meat - not only do they bring your acid-base balance back into balance, the minerals are also good for your body. With alkaline foods and more exercise in everyday life, you reduce your risk of acidosis and keep diseases away.
And what about basic food supplements such as powders or tablets? You should stay away from them. Too much bases in the body are also harmful. Typical hyperacidity symptoms can also have other causes. If you suspect over-acidification, you should therefore first see a doctor and change your diet.
Marie-Theres is an online editor for health and insurance topics at ottonova. She designs the editorial plan, researches and primarily writes about (e-) health and innovation that make life better.
- When did WWE stars become actors?
- Is a fluoride poison
- Why does Trump value loyalty to truthfulness
- Drinking dogs beer
- Which countries have technocrats as leaders?
- Why do ants roam far and wide
- What is the capital of Slovenia 1
- Could microbes from space be intelligent
- Does a change of address include a police check
- Why don't more people change their names
- If Ethereum fails, it will ever recover
- What is a non-inverting amplifier
- Which mountain range influences the climate
- What paying markets are there for erotic writing
- What is it like to visit Stonehenge
- How is Shivaji successful
- To contradict this is that all lawyers are liar
- How to use Ubuntu
- How do female INTPs deal with sexism
- What are the uses of 8K
- What are some famous rumi quotes
- Why household appliances are so badly designed
- Why are liars the way they are
- Is the logical partition better than the primary one
- You Can Make Money With Airbnb
- How does Groupon work as an advertisement
- What are the individual advantages of sociology
- How do I delete a specific git commit
- Is Silhouette Thread Facelift Safe?
- Can I put plywood over the attic insulation?
- Are Circassians part of the Turkish people
- What does Switzerland speak
- Which horticultural courses are available online