Were the rich profitable
Photo galleryThis is how the super-rich get through the pandemic
In the Corona crisis, supply and demand suddenly have to be rethought. Everyday articles and staple foods suddenly became so coveted and rare that one could not have imagined at the beginning of the year. In contrast, interest collapsed in artificially scarce luxury items. Toilet paper instead of Kelly Bag: Corona is turning the world upside down, but it also shifts a little bit of priorities. Even the super-rich feel that.
Who will get richer in the corona crisis?
In the Covid-19 pandemic, there are clear winners and losers among the richest people in the world. The “corona effect” is difficult to quantify. But the comparison of the account balances of April 2020 and April 2019 gives at least an indication of who is getting through the crisis better than others. However, nobody can estimate what the time after Corona will look like. It is possible that a large plus will later turn into a minus in May. The simplest example: Anyone who has bunkered noodles must first use up the supply after the panic of hamster buying has subsided.
The corona crisis could also lead to declines in consumption due to rising unemployment figures or a generally increased need for security. On the other hand, habits and preferences may develop during the phase of social distance that will continue later, for example when using digital services.
This is how the assets of the ten richest people in the world developed during the Corona crisis.
# 10 Rob Walton
When it came to consumption, everything in the Corona crisis initially revolved around the supermarkets. They posted sales figures that were many times that of the Christmas business. The world's largest grocery chain, Wal-Mart, benefits from this. Rob Walton is the oldest son of the company's founder, Sam Walton. The business service Bloomberg put Walton's fortune on April 21, 2020 at 56.9 billion US dollars. That was $ 2.7 billion more than a year earlier. Walton rose to the top 10 richest people in the world at the end of April and ousted Inditex founder Amancio Ortega from tenth place.
# 9 Sergey Brin
Digital services are booming in the corona crisis. For Google co-founder Sergey Brin, things went slightly downhill in April. According to Bloomberg, his fortune declined by $ 1.4 billion to $ 59.9 billion as of the reporting date.
# 8 Larry Ellison
Larry Ellison, on the other hand, posted a slight year-on-year increase. The founder of the software company Oracle came to $ 60.1 billion. That was $ 1.4 billion more than in April 2019.
# 7 Larry Page
With Larry Page, the decrease of 3.5 billion dollars was significantly higher than with his Google companion Sergey Brin. Page was in seventh place with $ 61.1 billion.
# 6 Steve Ballmer
Steve Ballmer was one of the winners among the super-rich in April. The longtime CEO of Microsoft increased his fortune according to Bloomberg within one year by 5.5 billion dollars to 63.6 billion dollars. That was the fifth highest increase among the 500 richest people in the world.
# 5 Mark Zuckerberg
In the Corona crisis, social networks were in greater demand than perhaps never before. This also applied to Facebook and its subsidiary WhatsApp. Even so, founder Mark Zuckerberg's wealth diminished within twelve months. Bloomberg put his net worth on April 21st at $ 68.1 billion. That was $ 10.3 billion less than a year earlier. Zuckerberg thus finished seventh among the biggest losers in the Top 500. However, after a decline at the end of April, Facebook shares began to soar again.
- Can you watch Deadwood on Netflix?
- Should people blindly follow the politician
- How was the Lisp programming language developed
- What is Gutenberg Discontinuity
- How is ethine converted into ethanol
- VoIP works over WLAN
- Online courses from Vskills are useful
- How long should a demo last
- What is the value 11 5 5
- How do I take criticism less personally?
- Why do plants need CO2
- Have the Geneva Conventions been violated before?
- How thick should plywood be for shelves?
- Why do we leave humanity behind religion?
- In which temple is this sculpture located?
- Why are my hands warm every time
- Why is wrongdoing considered wrong?
- What are the best Scandinavian TV shows
- What makes a psychopath happy?
- Can India beat South Africa
- Is Kodaikanal a good vacation destination
- Do Muskrats Carrie Rabies
- Should money be proportional to happiness
- Did you meet Muhammad Ali?
- Should I take IELTS or CAE
- Why are European citizens so hated
- Which dengue fever is dangerous?
- How is the law of electrostatics applied
- Which institute offers the best NET training?
- Why is English so popular internationally
- Is Portugal Arabic
- What are the most entertaining Bollywood films
- Could you live in a Volkswagen Van
- What is the unit of electrical charge