Which cell has microvilli and cilia
to directory mode
Area of Expertise - Cell biology, microbiology
Cilia (also called eyelashes or cilia) form the typical locomotor system of the ciliates, but are also found in other eukaryotes. Cilia are made up of microtubules in the (9 + 2) arrangement and move while consuming ATP. They usually cover the entire cell and, strictly speaking, should be classified as intracellular locomotor apparatus, because although a flagellum protrudes from the cell as an extension, it is enveloped by the cytoplasmic membrane and thus an intracellular structure.
Eukaryotic cilia and flagella have a completely different structure than the bacterial flagellin, which consists of flagellin and has a completely different mechanism of movement. The eukaryotic microvilli, which e.g. occur in the human intestine and are important for the intake of food, or the hair cells in the inner ear (stereocilia, also known as stereovilli) have nothing in common with the cilia.
See also: microtubules
Learning units in which the term is dealt with
Movement processes80 min.
Cells move in different ways. Movement types of single cells (eu and prokaryotes) and muscle movements are presented and explained in this learning unit.
- What is membrane in an aneroid barometer
- How many individual banks are there
- How do power supplies perform a document check
- Who is the best Vedic astrologer
- How does vaping marijuana affect the brain
- What are some active reading techniques
- What important events happened in 1973
- What is life energy for you
- Why does my dog whimper a lot
- Exists soul
- What addiction is not worth healing
- How to make guns
- How is 666 related to Islam
- What's the worst soda ever made
- Why was Adblock sold to Adblock Plus
- Is the docking of spacecraft automated or always manual
- Underline album titles as you write
- Is Dwaraka completely submerged under water
- Is God just an emotion
- What is NYT now
- Are we the last people
- Why are we all Charlie
- You can get pregnant through breast sex
- Which industries mostly use call tracking
- Can I learn math when I am 30?
- How do I delete my Neteller account
- What is the Hamilton operator for hydrogen?
- Does fart hemorrhoids hurt
- Should we pass laws enforcing veganism
- What is DATENAME in SQL
- You can use Adobe Student Edition commercially
- Is poultry farming a successful business?
- Could a paraplegic person commit a crime?
- What is harare