How do you lead by example
Lead by example as a leaderReading time: 2 minutes
It is much more important that you are seen as a person to be respected and a role model. You do not have to show any authority, but your employees willingly and willingly follow you.
Practice hard work and ambition every day
If you're the first to leave the office or workplace, don't be surprised if your employees' work ethic leaves something to be desired. You are automatically the role model for everyone else. If you're the first to come and the last to go, your employees will see that you are engaged.
This is an important prerequisite for your employees to also develop great ambition. If, on the other hand, you as a manager always give the impression that your free time is more important than professional success, this attitude will also prevail among employees. You can only prevent that if you are aware of your role model function every day.
Choose the right tone
In this day and age it is no longer appropriate to give orders in the workplace. This may have worked in the past, but today it is better if you make decisions together with your employees and then implement them together.
Your employees should never get the feeling that decisions are being made over their heads. Incidentally, this is not just a question of colloquial tone. Your employees are often much closer to the real world than you are, so you are well advised to listen to your employees' opinions and take them into account when making all decisions.
Ensure respect through loyalty
As a manager, you are not only accountable to the boss, but also responsible to your employees. This means, for example, that in many situations you should defend your employees against your boss. If, on the other hand, you are ready to embarrass an employee with every headwind, this creates a very unfavorable climate.
It is very important that your employees notice that you stand up for you. This will give you respect and your employees will also be loyal to you in the future. This is the prerequisite for being able to work successfully as a manager in the long term, because without the loyalty of your employees you are in a losing position.
Dealing with mistakes constructively
As a manager, you have to deal with the mistakes of your employees again and again. This is a great challenge, because ultimately all mistakes fall back on you. Still, it's not wise to go nuts if you make mistakes. You should always try to understand why a mistake was made and help the employee stop making that mistake.
Only when an unnecessary mistake keeps happening should you think about the consequences. When your employees see that they can make mistakes without getting your head ripped off, that's a long-term benefit. Trust is more important than structural power.
Photo credit: Syda Productions / stock.adobe.com
PS: Quality management is important to us!
Please let us know how you like our post. To do this, click on the asterisks shown below (5 asterisks = very good):
PPS: Did you particularly like the article?
Support our advisor portal:
- What are dollar denominated bonds
- Global warming can only be delayed
- What would help prevent blood cancer?
- What are your best noise edits
- Is it worth the gender dysphoria
- Can Shadow Pokemon be shiny
- What is 100 100 6
- Why is Google Glass so expensive
- Why do people have different temperaments
- How is a cut Achilles tendon repaired
- How can one find eternal peace within?
- What is a market mechanism
- Did the Beatles ever meet The Doors?
- What does pero que es eso mean?
- What is AP mode
- Which one decides a national currency
- What is your Least Preferred Apple Product?
- How can I decrypt my phone?
- What are some amazing facts about snakes
- Which Indian startups are using RxJava
- What is chemotherapy
- How does rational choice theory explain crime
- What is exploratory and affirmative factor analysis
- How did the first iPhone display websites