How do I clean stained wooden floors
Cleaning wooden floors - gently and sensitively
Of course, the best thing would be not to dirty or scratch the floor in the first place. But after all, you also want to live in the rooms and not just protect the floor. Nevertheless, you should already take a few measures at the entrance door to protect the floor.
In front of the door, a rough mat or grate should clean small stones from your shoes. Inside in the hallway area, a soft mat should then also catch the damp residual dirt. However, if you have a really noble wooden floor, there is hardly a way around it, the guests have to take off their shoes.
Sealing is crucial
First of all, you need to find out what type of seal the wooden floor has. The more tightly the wood is sealed, the less care you have to take when cleaning it. But you should never just pour a bucket of water on the wooden floor.
There are these options for sealing the wooden floor:
- untreated or stained
- oiled or waxed
- painted or pre-sealed
- Decorative layer made of real wood
- Decorative layer made of plastic
Check protective layer
If you don't know what kind of floor you are looking at, the sheen of the floor is a good guide. In most cases, matt wood is not painted or pre-sealed. Usually it will be an oiled or waxed wooden floor.
You can check how well the protective layer is still on the wood with a few drops of water on a hidden spot. If the drops remain in their shape for a long time, the floor has at least a varnish. If a dark spot forms immediately and the water droplet disappears in the wood, it could be that your wood has not been treated at all or has just been oiled.
Clean the wooden floor
- You should only dry clean the untreated wooden floor. Any cleaning agent or even simple water is immediately absorbed into the wood and leaves ugly stains.
- You can clean an oiled or waxed floor with a damp cloth, but you should not use any or only a very gentle cleaner. You should also clean the floor as infrequently as possible. Always wipe in the direction of the grain, not back and forth.
- If the floor is varnished, it can be wiped with a special wood cleaner. But here, too, you should use less water than is usual when mopping.
- A floor with wood decor is treated in the same way as an oiled or waxed floor covering. However, if you have a decorative film, such as a laminate, as the surface, you can wipe back and forth and use a good laminate cleaner.
- Grammar girl is good for learning grammar
- What are ratings
- What is the AS level test
- Who are the rivals of the Toronto Blue Jays
- Life has gotten more complicated these days
- What makes a psychopath happy?
- What is the best industrial steamer
- What is IPL Virat Success
- Is Tay Tweets a threat
- What's wrong with the human body
- What is it like to visit Stonehenge
- How am I supposed to cure this skin infection
- How can I start a record label
- What's your favorite song from Migos
- How do I upload projects to PyPI
- How interesting is wildlife tourism in Gujarat
- What factors led to the growth of Twitter
- Startups that are losing money pay taxes
- How's the nightlife in Woodstock New York
- What are some slow techno songs
- Who are your favorite Spanish artists
- Is Ben Riley Jazz drummer still alive
- Where do CCTV recordings end up?
- Is Mewtwo a good Pokemon