Is there a B2B classified website
Small and nice: microsites are worthwhile in B2B marketing
by Uta Mathes | October 28, 2019 | Online marketing
Photo: Unsplash.com_Glenn Carstens-Peters
In the vastness of the Internet, users encounter countless outdated web presences. In the B2B area in particular, there are many examples that need to be overhauled in terms of design or technology. The relaunch of a complete website, however, is time-consuming and costly. It's lucky that microsites exist. Regardless of the main website of a company, information can be made very easily and, above all, easily accessible. What exactly is a microsite and who should it address?
Microsites have their own content focus
Microsites are located between very simply designed landing pages and comprehensively designed websites - more about the distinction below. Microsites can be reached via a separate domain. As a separate small unit, they are characterized by a limited content focus and a slim design out. They serve a single topic that is specific relates to the company. In this sense, groundbreaking news can be quickly prepared and placed.
Which phases of the sales funnel microsites target
Microsites can be used to particularly address those users who are in the sales funnel in the phases of Awareness or Consideration are located. The uncomplicated web presence can therefore prove to be elementary when potential customers before an important decision stand: for or against a company or its products or services. In order to convince, a targeted, straightforward visual language should be used. A striking one is essential Key visual, which has a high recognition value.
Balanced, appealing content
Despite the slimness, the design of microsites should be as possible different user behavior consider. On the one hand, it should appeal to users who want to get an overview quickly and without detours. On the other hand, the presentation should appeal to those who want to look around and linger. So there is one balance to be found between content that immediately catches the eye and in-depth content. With a clear Side menu, which can be opened via a hamburger icon, can easily be bridged.
Loose microsite structure thanks to concise content
The Use of keywords on microsites tempts users to delve deeper into the subject. As a microsite designer, you can use trend terms, for example. Illustrate In this case, however, be sure to check out what's behind it on the subpages. Because hardly anything is more frustrating for the user than being lured and then left standing without explanation.
If you are working with longer text, always make sure to interrupt it with other formats. Infographics or Videos about loosen the structure on. In general, the effect of images and videos should not be underestimated: it particularly affects those audiences who are less willing to read. Also offer interactive areas like information fields that can be easily expanded and collapsed for details if required. That way, visitors keep the overview and do not get lost in the depths of the performance.
How can you stand out from the internet's content overkill? With a pillar page, for example! Read more in the AzetPR blog post
Microsites for establishing contacts
Regardless of the formats you work with, you should always give users the opportunity to create a Experts | Your company directly and easily to contact. To do this, place the name and photo on your microsite. This makes the contact look more personal and can do the Increase conversion rate. It is also a good idea to provide a lead generation form that you can use to provide visitors with high-quality content.
Landing pages - microsites - blogs - websites:
What are the differences?
As already mentioned, microsites are positioned between landing pages and websites. They also differ from blogs. Our overview shows which ones exactly:
- Landing pages are even more slimmed down than microsites. They are used to generate the data of anonymous users via call to action. On a separate domain, users receive a free but valuable service, for example content such as whitepapers. In return, the company receives the user's data in order to be able to carry out further measures along the sales funnel.
- Microsites are a bit larger than landing pages. They offer further information on a topic within a clearly defined context - comparable to a newspaper dossier. A microsite can usually be found on its own domain apart from the corporate website and blog.
- Blogs regularly offer new content and are accordingly - in contrast to microsites - more dynamic. The content dealt with does not have to have a connection to the company that is obvious at first glance.
- Web pages are very complex compared to microsites. The complete portfolio of a company can be found on them. Larger websites often follow a comprehensible pattern in terms of their technical design. Microsites, on the other hand, do not have to be based on this and can be designed to be technically more flexible.
Subscribe to the now AzetPR newsletter and stay up to date about content marketing, PR and Co.!
About Uta Mathes
Uta Mathes is a junior consultant in the areas of B2B and B2C PR. She is always ready to juggle between journalists and institutions and writes on the blog about various press and content rules.
View all posts by: Uta Mathes
- What are GST sets for utensils
- What are the most important competencies of entrepreneurs
- How did the Europeans dominate the world
- Is Sennheiser's sound quality the best
- Does tramadol work for cramps
- Can you parachute on Mount Everest
- Is your subconscious still you
- Who are the rivals of the Toronto Blue Jays
- Why doesn't evolution make sense
- What are the laws of electrolysis
- What carbohydrates increase blood sugar levels
- Can we negotiate the notice period from ITC Infotech
- What is an instrument cable used for?
- How much of Twitter isn't in FriendFeed
- Why doesn't water freeze right away?
- What is the value of 1 second
- How much meat do you eat every day
- What do conservatives think of weed smoking
- The PlayStation 5 will be a success
- IPhone 6s versus Samsung Galaxy S7
- How can I ask for payment
- What do serious investors think of Bitcoin?
- How many beats are in musical notes?
- What's your favorite artist's worst song
- Is there a WhatsApp security app
- Is there something that you couldn't understand
- Is eBay a good competitor for Amazon?
- Is it hard to have Norwegian friends?
- Which data points does the Spotify radio function use
- What Are Some Good Psychology Podcasts
- What are quarter horses used for?
- Blue Star or Daikin, whichever is better