Why is there Wingdings as a font?
Wingdings: Why does the font exist?
Wingdings is a font that was developed by Microsoft in 1990 and can still be found in all Microsoft applications today. You can find out everything you need to know here about why there is a font that consists only of symbols and how to use it.
Wingdings: This is how the font came about
The Wingdings font was developed by Microsoft and is based on the three Lucida fonts Lucida Icons, Lucida Arrows and Lucida Stars. These were developed and also licensed in 1990 by Charles Bigelow and Kris Holmes. Since Lucida Icons, Lucida Arrows and Lucida Stars are made up exclusively of symbols, they were only intended as a supplement to the Lucida font to give designers the opportunity to design their texts with symbols and images.
Microsoft bought this short time after publication from the inventors of the Lucida fonts and used the most popular symbols of the three fonts to develop Wingdings.
Font: This is how you can use Wingdings
Wingdings is still part of all Microsoft programs today and can be used, among other things, to create texts in Word.
- To get an overview of which Wingdings characters can be used in Word, click on "Insert" in the menu bar, go to "Symbols"> "More symbols" to open the character table and then select "Wingdings" from the list of fonts.
- To insert a Wingdings symbol into your text, select it with the mouse button and click on the "Insert" button.
- At the same time as Wingdings, another font was developed by Microsoft, Webdings, which is based on HTML and can be used to insert symbols on websites.
You might also be interested in:
Black Friday - why are so many retailers participating?
- Who would win Neferpitou against Isaac Netero?
- What is the Classification of Vorticella
- How to write complaint in Japanese
- Where's Patna
- Special officers bring their smartphones
- What is the plural of Ferminium
- Why is my generator light fluctuating
- What was the reason for Galileo's death?
- Can hydrogen peroxide remove aging stains
- Is human blood magnetic If so, why
- Why are companies often reorganized
- Is an LCHF diet healthy?
- What is solar farming
- What is Greek Political Thought
- I'll burn myself underwater
- Why is Europe densely populated
- What are some fascinating accessories for smartphones
- How am I supposed to post a Dubsmash
- How effective are fire safes
- HP or Sears as fresher
- Why should you use REST over WebSocket
- How does Uber keep women safe?
- Does porn influence my studies
- Chest congestion can be overcome
- What is Niger
- What is Mexico's foreign policy
- Bugleweed is a perennial
- Sam Nunberg is a Mormon
- What happens when boron absorbs a neutron
- Is milk sour
- Where was your first vacation
- What are the benefits of file compression
- What are the examples of hydrides
- Is Brexit good for world trade?