Milk can become moldy
Expired food and mold
First of all, a distinction must be made between products with a best-before date (BBD) and a use-by date. The use-by date shows by when the product should be used up at the latest, otherwise it will be inedible - this includes easily perishable and sensitive foods such as minced meat, poultry, etc. The best-before date, in turn, indicates a specific date, but does not mean that the product can no longer be consumed after it has expired. This means that bread, yoghurt, etc. can still be consumed after the best-before date without hesitation, if you pay attention to some of the things that are explained in this article.
Correct storage of the individual foods plays an important role here.
If food is stored correctly, it can also be consumed after its best-before date. To check that it is stored correctly, it is advisable to test the individual food for color, smell, consistency and taste before consumption.
Correct storage is illustrated using the example of some dairy products:
As long as it has not been opened, it can still be enjoyed even after the best-before date. It is important to use it up quickly after opening.
It is essential to store in the refrigerator. If their best before date has expired, they should only be eaten cooked.
The best-before date of a yoghurt is nothing more than a guarantee by which date it should be best before, but this does not prevent it from tasting good even a few days after the best-before date if stored correctly. Pay attention to color, smell and consistency, especially with yoghurt.
Must be stored in the refrigerator. If the cheese has already expired according to the best before date, it can still be consumed if it has not yet started to go moldy or has started to smell unpleasant. However, spoiled cheese should be disposed of immediately, especially with mozzarella you should be careful because it does not last that long.
Correct storage is also very important for meat, as otherwise harmful germs can develop. Unlike minced and poultry fish, other types of meat do not have to have a use-by date. If the meat feels greasy or starts to smell unpleasant, it should be disposed of. Since meat storage is important, here are a few tips:
- Beef has a longer shelf life and can be stored in the refrigerator at 0 - 4 C ° for three to four days.
- Veal and pork, on the other hand, should be eaten on the third day at the latest.
- Minced meat and poultry should be consumed on the same day, as the risk of harmful germs is higher.
Cut away or throw away?
While mold on certain types of cheese, salami or ham are harmless and even refine the aroma, mold on many foods can be harmful to health and is rather undesirable. If these molds are inhaled, allergic reactions such as shortness of breath, runny nose or itchy eyes can occur. In addition, some types of mold form toxic metabolic products.
Which foods belong in the trash when they get moldy and which ones can you remove the mold and continue to enjoy them?
Foods that contain a lot of waterImmediately in the bin, such as compote, soft fruit or juices, if they are infected with mold, because the water contained in them can cause mold to spread faster. The same applies to soft, cream and semi-hard cheese, yogurt and other dairy products.
With bacon or hard cheese like Parmesan the mold can be cut away generously, but only if the mold is only visible on the surface. It is also possible to remove the mold generously from whole loaves of bread, but not when it comes to slices of toast or bread that has already been cut.
You should be especially careful with nuts, which are particularly susceptible. The "nut mold" releases the poisonous aflatoxin, a mycotoxin that primarily damages the liver. As soon as mold is discovered on the surface of nuts, they should be discarded.
In case of doubt, the following applies: rather throw it away than remove it.
To effectively prevent mold, it is advisable to store fruit and vegetables in the refrigerator, to dispose of organic waste in the bin too early rather than too late, and to regularly clean the refrigerator, storage container and bread bin with vinegar.
- Lic Jeevan Umang Agent Commission
- In which time zone does Quora work
- Have copyrighted agreements
- Do toppers ever sleep while studying
- Is Buspar an SSRI
- What was the name of the math king
- What are the laws of electrolysis
- Is the Mikado racist
- Which is not a liquid fire
- You can edit 4k footage on Filmora
- How has slavery affected modern English?
- Are evictions in your credit report
- How is rockabilly music defined
- Takes SAT well these days
- Where can I download University Physics
- How did poached eggs get their name?
- Democracy is not wanted by capitalists
- What does C O 56 APO
- Can crane birds be caught and trained?
- How does music help the brain
- Is bet365 trustworthy
- Why are the Audi cars overpriced?
- What forums or websites do lawyers read
- Will Facebook's new dating service be successful