Which fruits and vegetables have poisonous seeds?
Obtaining seeds yourself
Seed-proof vegetables are suitable for your own seed production. But what exactly is meant by that? First of all, it helps to clarify what does not mean solid.
Seed companies breed and sort the seeds in such a way that the later harvest is uniform, i.e. all plants look roughly the same and are ripe at the same time. This is done according to the genetics described by Mendel, which, in a very simplified manner, states that “children” of similar looking “parents” have the same characteristics. These seeds produced in this way are called F1-Hybrids. The “F” stands for the Latin name “filius” (son) or “filia” (daughter). Specifically, this means that the F1-Seeds for yellow, round pumpkins, for example, produce exactly this: You harvest yellow, round pumpkins and a lot of them.
F.1- However, hybrids are not solid. This means that you can take seeds from these plants, but this is already an F2-Hybride (quasi the grandson), which can bring out many whims of nature and all genetically available traits. In this case, you will not only harvest yellow, round pumpkins in the coming year, but also elongated green pumpkins or some that may be smaller and harder.
Solid seeds - stable in quality, but less harvest
In the case of solid seeds, on the other hand, it can be assumed that the characteristics of the harvest will be roughly the same as those of the plants from the previous year from which you obtained the seeds. The disadvantage: The harvest is usually lower for solid seeds.
In our shop you will only find organic certified and solid seeds.
- Are digital camera photos better than movies
- What are honeycomb grains made of
- What is your method of judging intelligence
- Why was jfk Jr buried at sea
- When are polymorphic association rails used
- Why is Cristiano Ronaldo so cute
- What are the 108 human passions
- What are some films similar to Amelie
- What makes an Indian student life painful
- What does credit limit mean
- What is a good shot in basketball
- What is your rating of software testing
- How did you develop your coding skills
- Conducts electricity
- Is Google Classroom a web-based tool
- Barack Obama is competent as President
- What's missing from Fallout 76
- How to build a gingerbread house
- What is an open source clone
- How are data centers built
- What is the Risch Algorithm
- What are winter foods vegetables highly recommended
- What is Bitcoin and Bitcoin Mining
- Bark real seals, not ear-eared seals
- How do I improve my sexual strength
- Why is Chennai an arid city
- What causes diarrhea in the 39th week of pregnancy
- Has someone brought a gun into space?
- What are some eating habits of pigs
- What does y f x
- How long does lightning follow thunder?
- Why did Facebook buy Quora
- Is WuFuYuan Tapioca Pearl black halal