What is required to control global warming
What are sensible measures and solutions to combat climate change?
In the following you will find some tips on how you can use simple measures to reduce your own ecological footprint and CO₂ emissions and thus contribute to climate protection:
Travel more environmentally friendly
- Use public transport such as the train or bus. For example, in Switzerland it is 25 times better to travel by train than by car. In France it is 12.4 times better, in Germany it is 3 times better, in Belgium 5.2 times better. The differences are due to the original energy generation used in these countries. Depending on the resulting electricity mix, rail journeys generate emissions that are more or less harmful to the climate.
- Avoid flying whenever possible. The greenhouse gas balance of air travel shows by far the highest emissions compared to other means of transport.
- Fully occupied cars have less energy consumption per person and therefore cause fewer CO₂ emissions than a car with only one occupant.
- Compensate for the carbon dioxide emitted by unavoidable air travel and car journeys in a high-quality climate protection project.
Energy saving tips for the household
- Use energy-saving lamps and LEDs. Due to the significantly better energy efficiency and longer service life, financial savings of around € 135 and CO₂ savings of 250 kg per year and lamp are achieved.
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room. In this way you save electricity, money and protect the climate.
- The preparation and heating of water is energy consuming. A short shower is therefore more climate-friendly than a full bath. Setting the water heater to 60 ° C further reduces your energy consumption.
- Switch off devices completely in standby mode.
- Refrigerators and other devices in category A + or A ++ are much more efficient than devices without an energy label.
- Not every electronic device that can be found in specialist stores is really necessary. Electronic humidifiers, for example, can easily be replaced with a damp cloth over the radiator.
- Constantly open windows mean high energy consumption when heating. By ventilating the room for 5 to 10 minutes, fresh air comes into the room, but the walls do not cool down, so that the energy requirement remains minimal after ventilation.
- If you lower the room temperature by 1 ° C, you can save at least 4 percent energy. And your heating costs also decrease.
- Lower washing temperatures reduce energy consumption. With modern detergents, your clothes will be clean even at low water temperatures.
- Dry your laundry in the sun, a free and emission-free alternative.
- Cook with the lid on and save energy.
- Regularly check the energy consumption of your electrical appliances in order to find hidden weak points at an early stage. Older sealing rings on refrigerators with impaired function can, for example, lead to a greatly increased energy consumption.
- Calculate and offset the CO₂ emissions that you cause with your household despite saving measures through electricity consumption and heating.
Rethink consumer behavior
- Make yourself aware of your own consumption behavior and actively decide what you really need. Modern marketing strategies quickly lead to ill-considered purchasing decisions.
- Use rental services, especially for products that are rarely used, or shared usage systems such as car sharing.
- Be aware that every product, not just electronic devices, emits greenhouse gases from manufacturing and manufacturing through to sale. The average German buys around 60 new items of clothing a year; a simple white cotton T-shirt (220 g) that lasts around 55 washes causes around 11 kg of CO₂ emissions, i.e. around 50 times its own weight.
- Question your diet and the system behind it. The large selection of different types of fruit and vegetables in winter shows the import flows of exotic foods to Germany. Not only the production is responsible for their greenhouse gas balance, but also the long transport routes. Therefore, if possible, buy seasonally and regionally. As a rule, this not only has ecological advantages, but also usually improves the quality of the products. The CO₂-e emissions from animal products also enormously exceed the emissions from plant products. One kilogram of fruit or vegetables causes emissions of 1 kg of CO₂-e, while the greenhouse gas balance of beef is just under 20 kg of CO₂-e per kilogram. Pork with around 8 kg and poultry with 4.2 kg of CO₂-e are significantly more climate-friendly, but the emissions from plant-based products still exceed them. By reducing animal products in your diet, you can save a lot of money and use it for higher quality animal products, which not only makes a major contribution to climate protection, but also supports sustainable companies.
There are various solutions to reduce your own greenhouse gas emissions and thus to do something against global warming. Pay careful attention to your lifestyle and try to reduce your consumption of resources and your impact on the environment and the climate. If your emissions are reduced to a minimum and you still want to take responsibility for your unavoidable emissions, you support myclimate climate protection projects and thus make an important contribution to maintaining the quality of life for future generations.
You can find more exciting information about climate change and climate protection in Switzerland in our climate booklet
- Where is Sultanpur located
- What is the clarification of wine
- Why is perjury no longer punished?
- How can one become like Kalpana Chawla
- Why shouldn't we destroy dreams?
- Bank Po gets a foriegn tour
- You may have mild prosopagnosia
- What is jamaica
- Which website is great for registering businesses?
- Why Waze is popular in France
- What is a printed platform
- What is the basis of the technique
- How do navigation systems work
- Shops in Finland open on Sundays
- Are there still accountants today
- Well worth buying the Galaxy A80
- Can Naruto summon different animals like Sasuke
- Do you work in pune
- Where can I buy MDF online
- What are three examples of monosyllabic words
- How does OYO cheat clients
- How could you get paid with SEO
- Who likes to make video games
- Who killed Dobby
- What is the connection between intelligence and enlightenment
- What are the degrees after graduation
- What is a Cumulative Fund and a Conditional Fund
- What is projectile motion in physics
- How can we keep track of someone else's IP location
- What MySQL replication topology is Facebook using
- Is Steve Jobs in heaven or in hell?
- Did Walter Payton miss any games
- Is carbon dating a theory