Can deaf people speak
How do deaf people speak?
Yann is eleven years old and hard of hearing. His sister Xenja is 14 and deaf. Her mother, Marion, is also deaf. Thus, German sign language is the mother tongue for the two young people. You can find out what that means here:
How does the German Sign Language (DGS) work?
Xenja: Sign language works like spoken language. You need both hands and facial expressions at the same time.
Yann: You need the hands, the facial expressions and also the posture.
How did you learn it?
Xenja: I was “born” with sign language, just as you were with spoken language.
Yann: I learned it just as you learned spoken language.
How do you talk to classmates who do not speak sign language?
Xenja: There are many options: I speak in spoken language. The classmates learn sign language. Half of my class has been able to sign since I was in class. If they do not understand me when I speak or I do not understand them when reading from the mouth, we will communicate in writing.
Yann: I can speak in spoken language. I try to read my mouth when someone is talking to me. If the verbal communication doesn't work, we'll do it in writing.
Is there a sign that you particularly like to use? What does she look like?
Xenja: I don't know ... And do you have a favorite word of your own?
Yann: V-Hand, that means "Peace" and ILY-Hand (see illustration), that means "I LOVE YOU" or "I LIKE YOU".
Is there anything else that non-sign speakers absolutely need to know about your mother tongue?
Xenja: It is important that DGS is not an ape sign, but an independent language!
Yann: DGS is recognized as a language. It is a language in its own right.
- What are Trezor wallets
- How should someone clean golf clubs
- How can someone reduce muscle pain using statins
- Theodore Roosevelt was a bad president
- There are similar apps to captivate
- Can I get some technical trading strategies
- Why am I shrinking or appearing shorter
- What is a human cell
- The iPhone XR will get iOS 13
- To whom is India's national anthem dedicated
- How to date an American girl
- Is it possible to learn Android apps
- What is WhatsApp 1
- When was forensic toxicology first used?
- What is a T12 oval sclerotic lesion
- Tsunamis lose power while traveling
- The earth vibrates when the sun vibrates
- What is the synonym for lack
- Why do people get so bad
- What is double a basic rule
- Is nicotine a natural substance in tobacco
- Have you ever eaten the customer's food
- Which stocks should I buy, sell?
- What does SMS 56
- How many people don't love doctors
- Zerodha is a fraud
- Find Metacritic useful
- Japan and the Soviet Union were allies
- What is consensually not monogamy
- Will Boeing ever build another supersonic jet?
- What is your favorite retro fashion
- Why am I so conceitedly arrogant
- What is the best OBD2 scanner for iPhone