Does a lower blood pressure sharpen a person's memory
General Examples of medium and high intensity movementswith which the recommended exercise can be achieved.
Medium intensity exercise
- Brisk walking
- Nordic walking
- Aqua aerobics
- To dance
Movement with higher intensity
- Jogging or running
- Cross-country skiing
- Cycling (19-25 km / h; around 3 min / km)
- Mountain hiking
- Cardiovascular training on fitness equipment
Health effects with regular physical exercise Adults and the elderly with moderate-intensity exercise:
Decreased risk for
- ischemic heart disease
- high blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Blood lipids
- Weight and / or belly fat
- cognitive function
- "Activities of Daily Living" (Elderly)
- Sleep quality
When do we speak of a sedentary lifestyle?
There is a sedentary lifestyle if the weekly exercise recommendations are not achieved. In a more sporty or medical way, it is a lack of exercise when the stress on the muscles is chronically below a certain stimulus threshold. If the individual performance is to be maintained or increased, this stimulus threshold must be exceeded. In industrialized countries in particular, due to the rapid and constant development of technology over the past 100 years, lack of exercise is now seen as a widespread disease or the number 1 cause of illness.
From a genetic point of view, humans are “running animals”, which today is more often referred to as chronic “sitters” and predominantly “brain workers”. In the Stone Age, humans covered around 30-40km a day as hunters and gatherers. Nowadays the daily mileage is around 4km. Depending on the step length, this distance corresponds to a number of approx. 6,000 steps per day, which serve to promote health. The recommendation of the World Health Organization is currently 10,000 steps per day in order to improve health in the long term and permanently. The inventions of technical work aids relieve people of more and more physical work. Cars, elevators and escalators help to reach the destination faster. As a result, the amount of energy that is provided by physical activity has been reduced from 90% to less than 1%.
The one-sided way of life and passive leisure time behavior (e.g. computers, smartphones) promote sedentary lifestyle. Malnutrition, addictive behavior (e.g. nicotine, alcohol), daily psychological stress and increased head-oriented work have a negative reinforcing effect. This convenience has its pitfalls, because evolution and our genetic makeup do not provide for a life without movement for us. The head of sports medicine at the University of Mainz, Prof. Perikles Simon, summarized this problem as follows:
“Man is actually built to cover very long distances. But due to the modern way of life, movement hardly occurs in our everyday life. "
Sufficient exercise is therefore an essential basis of our health!
In order to actively strengthen your health, it is therefore not absolutely necessary to practice competitive sports overnight. It is much more important to regularly integrate moderate exercise into everyday (work) life and to automate important exercise habits.
What is the current state of health of Germans?
The researchers found unflattering data for Germany. Several surveys between 2002 and 2016 showed that an astonishing 42 percent of adults exercise too little; including 40 percent of men and 44 percent of women.
In short: Germans don't get enough exercise in everyday life.
Result on the state of health of Germans
Around half of the German population exercised enough exercise in accordance with the recommendations of the World Health Organization (150 minutes per week).
- Men were slightly more active (52%) than women (49%).
- Every third person fulfilled the second criterion of the World Health Organization (300 min per week) or exercised at least twice a week activities to build up and strengthen the muscles, men with 36% somewhat more often than women 29%.
- Around a quarter of all people met both of the World Health Organization's criteria.
Tips for coordination, concentration and memory training
- Use everyday routines such as brushing your teeth, combing your hair or pouring a drink and use the other hand once. This is how the simplest things become a challenge in the beginning. (Coordination)
- When washing your hands or washing your face, stand on a rolled up towel to sharpen your sense of balance. (Coordination)
- Solve a different puzzle every day (crossword puzzle, number puzzle, picture puzzle, ...). (Concentration)
- Change your sitting position more often if you sit for a long time. In this way you stay more focused and still move and the joints remain supple. (Concentration)
- Link names of people or other things that you cannot remember with objects in your home. Whenever you see the object, think of that person and their name until you remember them. Small sticky notes are also helpful in the beginning. (Memory)
- Make a note of 3-5 things in your environment (objects that you see first, car brands that drive by, colors of clothes of people that pass by, ...) and repeat them at a later point in time. Do you still remember the things from yesterday or even last week? (Memory)
Tips for endurance and strength training
- If you deliberately go several times when shopping nearby, the shopping bags are not that heavy either. Your back and legs will thank you.
- Use the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator at work, at train stations or in shopping centers. So your legs and buttocks will stay and become firm.
- Park your car a little further away from the door or the entrance of shops or restaurants and take a few more steps with joy instead of worrying about why the parking lot in the first row is occupied right now. This alone means that your stress level and blood pressure are much lower and you are much closer to the World Health Organization's daily step goal of 10,000 steps.
- Get off regularly 1 or even 2 stops earlier when using public transport in the city. If you vary your pace during the subsequent walk, your legs will receive different training stimuli.
- Walk up and down or at least get up while you are on the phone. When using a pedometer, you will be amazed at how many steps you take during a 10-minute conversation, let alone in an “hour-long” phone call. Unconscious actions such as stretching or gesturing during the phone call also promote the thought process.
- Go personally to the person you are speaking to in the immediate vicinity (at home or at work) instead of writing a message (SMS, e-mail, ...) or calling. Misunderstandings in communication are avoided and eliminated immediately, which often saves time at work and does not strain the nerves so much at home.
- From now on, try to reduce your daily sitting time. If you only use public transport for a short time, standing promotes your sense of balance.
- Just have nice conversations with a friend or acquaintance during a walk in nature. Well-being will increase solely through the changing environment in nature and everyday stress will be reduced more quickly.
Remember that, depending on the person and age, it can take at least 3 weeks to nine months for new and changed movement patterns to automate in everyday life.
Sports injuries - 4 basic rules for first aid
The reason why I consider this topic important for the advisor is that injuries are caused either by external violence or by excessive physical exertion. For example, if a doctor sees a swollen ankle, he cannot determine whether this injury occurred while exercising or doing an everyday activity. There are four basic rules for first aid when it comes to first aid for a sprained ankle and many other injuries.
1. Cold application
Icing sprays or ice packs are used as a cold application in sports. Because this is not readily available in every household, it helps to hold the injured part of the body under running cold water or to cover it with cold, damp compresses. The cold stimulus contracts the tissue capillaries. This means that there is no further blood leakage into the tissue and swelling is prevented. In addition, the application of cold calms the pain receptors in the organs, which has a soothing and pain-relieving effect.
A compression bandage is intended to compress the injured tissue just enough so that no further blood or tissue fluid can escape into the surrounding tissue. It is therefore recommended to always wear a compression bandage after injuries, if possible in conjunction with cold applications. In the case of the ankle, the protruding bone must be padded with a U-shaped insert made of foam or other soft material so that the pressure is exerted on the surrounding soft tissue instead of the bone.
Elevation is a position in which the injured part of the body is positioned higher than the heart. The raised position of the body part facilitates the venous return of the blood to the heart. The stored fluid can thus be better absorbed into the bloodstream and the swelling can be removed or not allowed to develop in the first place.
Immobilization is the oldest and most important treatment principle in medicine that is used for practically all diseases. A compression bandage and the elevated position also immobilize the injured part of the body. The rapid and consistent immobilization prevents the injury from worsening.
These basic rules can also be found in the so-called P-E-C-H rule.
P - Break E - Ice C - Compression H - Elevate
You can also find this and other articles as a guide to download as PDF.
Ing.Ronald Ertl, Akad. Body Vitaltrainer, Personal Fitness Trainer and your MED TRUST team
- How would you think like Donald Trump
- How is the C programming language used
- What is the scope of licensed brokers
- How do 3 little pigs end
- How good is the Ellos business model
- How do you help your suicidal friend
- What kind of person always laughs
- Straight men watch transexual pornography
- Why do we like people
- How does a child actually learn
- What are examples of neutral stimuli
- Allows WhatsApp screenshots of chats
- Can the TV still work after recording?
- What is bounding box in image processing
- Chest congestion can be overcome
- Exists soul
- What is the meaning of beyond words
- Dogs digest raw bones when swallowed
- What is a menacing voice
- Have thumb ankles
- What is an isocyanate used for?
- Are wolf spiders in Florida
- What's the best dj snake song
- Technical certification is mandatory for Prince2
- Where can i find my true love
- Which countries have armed guards at schools?
- What is bounding box in image processing
- Conducts electricity
- Why do people want a security clearance
- What is birth and death
- Can a person be too compassionate
- How do you become an art model
- Should the police be allowed to lure crime
- Which groups only communicate the truth