Massage can help treat carpal tunnel
Carpal tunnel syndrome
In the case of mild to moderate symptoms, carpal tunnel syndrome can usually first be treated with a splint. The splint is worn at night and prevents the wrist from kinking. It is also recommended to avoid stress that is suspected to be related to the symptoms.
Cortisone injections into the carpal tunnel can temporarily relieve the symptoms. However, they do not help in the long term.
If you have persistent carpal tunnel syndrome, surgery may also be an option. The carpal ligament, which stretches across the carpal bones, is severed. This relieves the median nerve. An operation can permanently eliminate the symptoms, but it does not always make sense. At the beginning of the disease, a different treatment is usually chosen. Operating quickly is usually only necessary for the rare acute carpal tunnel syndrome.
There are initial indications that extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT for short) can alleviate the symptoms somewhat. In shock wave therapy, a device emits sound waves at high pressure from the outside through the skin. The costs of this treatment are usually not covered by the statutory health insurances.
Sometimes other treatments are also recommended, such as, laser therapy, or magnetotherapy. However, it has not been proven that they can help with carpal tunnel syndrome.
Many people take pain relievers for their symptoms - especially non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (), which are available from pharmacies without a prescription. Taking vitamin B6 supplements is also sometimes recommended. They are supposed to strengthen the nerves. However, previous studies suggest that neither vitamin B6 nor B6 can adequately relieve pain.
- How has the American government changed?
- What is the best PHP PDF library
- What are some seriously disturbing movies
- How did YouTube deal with the problem of parallelism
- Michael Jackson was brave
- Why is optimism better than pessimism
- How effective is thyroid treatment
- Love to draw and paint
- Is opioid addiction common among narcissists
- Which metals react with CO
- Why is antiviral drug development difficult
- Which artist sang the song Triggered
- How do I get a deeper shave
- Swear words are sexy
- What is heap table in SQL
- Muscle cells have many mitochondria
- A house cat needs shots
- Can Omental Cancer Be Cured
- Is there something called the Abrahamic religion
- Do you watch these zombie tv shows
- True Detective is overrated
- The Android XML layout fits all screens
- Truncate deletes a table structure
- How do you surprise your loved one