What is a GPS Tracking Unit
GPS tracking: speed, distance and altitude
Update 4/5/21 from Sina
In the Equisense app, you have the option of viewing your ride on a GPS map. This GPS function adds this additional information to the already existing Motion and Motion S indicators: yours average speed, your Horse riding on the map, yours Altitude difference and your Speed per gait! The GPS tracking also works without the sensor!
Which indicators are measured?
Total distanceThis is the complete distance that you have covered within your unit. You can arrange your ride between a "soooo long" ride in the whale and a short detour to the park. 😉
Average speedThe average speed will vary depending on the setting you want in km / h, m / min or mph specified. The standard value is m / min. This is the average for your entire session. You can thus adjust the intensity of your training as well as the Measure your horse's fitness, especially when you share this information with the Adjust heart rate measurement. This is super interesting, especially for endurance riders!
Speed per gaitThe information on the speed per gait gives you more detailed information about your ride. Here you can see exactly when and in which gait you were. Studyhorselife shows you here:This has two main advantages: So you can retrieve specific moments in your training more precisely and you can one precise interval training build into your units! The measured values are even more valuable if you analyze them in connection with the heart rate and the regeneration time of your horse. Use the Motion or Motion S to measure the speed per gait. Here are some reference values:
Step: 70-100 m / min (4.5 - 6.5 km / h)
Trot: 150-350 m / min (9-21 km / h)
Gallop while jumping: 350 m / min (21 km / h)
Gallop in cross-country races: 500 m / min (30 km / h)
Trotter in the race: 850 m / min (51 km / h)
Gallop in the race: 1200 m / min (72 km / h))
Your ride on the mapThe app shows you on the map all points where you have been. You have a nice route for a ride found and don't want to forget it? No problem, you have now saved them in the app! So you can ride the path over and over again. You can also see on the map in different colors the different gaitsthat you were in during your ride.
Increase in heightHere we calculate the total vertical elevation. This means that we add up each of your increases and calculate the difference between the lowest and the highest point. The higher the value of the increase in altitude, the more it goes uphill, the harder it is for your horse! Note: We only calculate the increase in height if it over 10 m between the two points lies. This helps us to avoid inaccuracies. So if you have crossed a 1 m high hill, this will not be taken into account.
How do I start a GPS unit?
You can find everything about it here: How do I start and end a session?
We use the to display the GPS trackingGPS function of your device (Smartphone or tablet). The following3 conditionsmust be fulfilled here:
Keep your device with you while ridingIn order to be able to record your route while riding and reproduce it on a map, you have to keep your smartphone with you while riding. The simple reason: We use the GPS signal from your smartphone to collect data.
Activate the location of your deviceWithout an active location service, we cannot locate you and thus cannot show your whereabouts. Therefore, make sure that you switch on the location of your smartphone. If asked, select "Always" when tracking.
Make sure that the power saving mode is not blocking the GPS signalYou may have switched on the energy saving mode of your device in order to be able to use your device as long as possible without recharging it. Make sure that the energy-saving mode does not lead to the GPS signal being interrupted after a few minutes in the standby mode of your device. If asked, select "Always" when tracking.
How precise is the GPS tracking?
GPS is a system based on the position of the various satellites orbiting the earth. The satellites determine your position at different time intervals and send this information to the app. There are some restrictions here:
- The GPS signal can only be determined with great difficulty through a roof such as that of a riding arena. Use is not recommended for this.
- The accuracy is often> 5m. This means that the GPS will only position you within a 5 m radius. In the riding arena, this data can therefore be too imprecise for analysis. If the precision of the signal is too weak and the intervals of the determination are too seldom, miscalculations can occur, especially in the riding arena when riding in circles, which we cannot compensate for. The optimal use of GPS tracking is therefore when riding out on straight lines.
- The data quality often depends on the quality of the GPS signal from your cell phone. In addition, external factors such as the weather, position or satellite coverage in certain areas play a role in determining the data. The accuracy can therefore vary from ride to ride.
Was this post helpful?
- Why is Michigan shaped like a fawn?
- We will have 5G by 2020
- Are the school rules suitable for every student
- What does the Transportation Security Administration do
- What improvements are needed in Quora
- Should I take IELTS or CAE
- How to calculate the concentration from the absorption
- What does a sheep offer
- Why do stores throw away good things?
- Plantain is a vegetable
- What are A B in differential equations
- Could someone love each other too much
- What makes Salman Khan so special
- What is heap table in SQL
- What were the Upanishad
- What have conservatives given to the world
- How do Russians play roulette
- What is ETA in chemistry
- Is called air just air
- What are the best casinos in Australia
- What color are taxis in Ningbo China
- Why should someone hide when they are mentally ill
- What is the IUPAC name for cyclohexane
- Which country has the best forest management
- How is CEO coaching
- What is the best OBD2 scanner for iPhone
- How much is peace of mind worth
- What is meant by global HR
- How do you play four square
- Why are the AirPods Pro $ 249
- Dogs feel happy
- What are the basics of air