How much is peace of mind worth
A simple ritual for peace of mind
What is the last thing you do in the evening before you go to sleep?
Do you have a ritual for your peace of mind that you end your working day with?
I would like to introduce you to a powerful tool that I use in the self-love seminar. So you can end your day well, be satisfied and get a good night's sleep. I do this exercise almost every day, right after I close my laptop or otherwise finish the work day.
Many people I know have their minds programmed in such a way that during the day it looks primarily critically at what they do, what others do or say, what their actions bring about results and what others are doing.
It's never enough, could have been better, faster or more effective. They reproach themselves for not being friendly enough, not getting the most out of them, not having lived their full potential. Even in bed, the mind searches like an automated search engine for what went suboptimally today and hangs the images of these events in front of their noses as a warning. This process is not very suitable for finding peace of mind. 😉 How do I sleep there and what thoughts do I wake up with the next morning?
A simple ritual for your peace of mind
I've got used to a day's review that enables me to see what went well that day, where friendships happened, I was good to myself or to others. These things have always existed. But maybe I didn't notice them.
My critical mind did not notice it or classed it as "not important". How I feel at the end of a day (a week, a month, or a life) depends on what I'm ready to notice. Do I also value beautiful things? Do I give them space so that I can feel and appreciate them?
This is the day's review that I usually treat myself to in the evening:Download daily review
I find real examples that these things have existed. These can be little things that maybe got lost in everyday life. I take my time to look back at my day again. I let this incident reappear in front of my inner eye as a picture or film and consciously perceive that there was a friendly gesture, an appreciation or a hint of love. I allow myself to feel that.
You can create your own daily review.
What are the thoughts that still occupy you at the end of the day?
- I am not good enough
- nobody loves Me
- I do not have enough money
- I should have done more
- my colleagues don't appreciate my work
- my love life is insufficient
- my parents don't take me for who i am
What are your stressful thoughts?
Write down a few of them and find the opposite. For example:
I am not fast enough
I'm quick enough
Nobody loves Me
Someone loves me
I do not have enough money
I have enough money
Then find three honest, concrete examples of where that opposite was true today.
I'm quick enough
- Today I submitted an article at the last minute - (but still fast enough). I didn't have to be reminded
- Today I did everything that was really important. I deleted two things and postponed one
- in the evening there was even time to cuddle with my daughter
Someone loves me
- my daughter loves me and she showed me that this evening during our time together. Sometimes she also writes me little notes on which she sends me sweet messages
- I just love myself because I treat myself to this review
- This afternoon I had a loving correspondence with a friend who is in the hospital.
We are very fond of each other and at the moment of our exchange I felt that he loves me
I have enough money
- I didn't have a bill in my mailbox that I have something to pay for
- I bought my favorite magazine
- I could borrow a book from the library instead of buying it
- I cooked a delicious dinner for us
- I didn't have to earn money with an additional job at night
At the end of the day I see, feel, and perceive that I had enough money to enjoy the day, to share joy or to acquire knowledge. The friendly is given space. So I can find peace of mind and end the day well.
Whatever it is, what burdens you, what you fear or find wrong - turn it into the opposite and find examples of it. This is often surprising, it calms and has a balancing effect on body and mind. Sometimes it takes a minute or two to come up with an example. It is the same with me and many others and is no reason to believe a new stressful thought 😉
Here I can show you directly and efficiently the way to your peace of mind:
JUST LISTEN - Solve problems with THE WORK
With these online courses you will get through the winter well! 🙂
You can find all scheduled dates here.
About Ina Rudolph
She worked as an actress for twenty years, then she got to know and love THE WORK. She writes books about it, gives seminars, and helps people in individual sessions to see better perspectives than sorrow and pain. If you want to know more, write a message using the contact form.
You don't want to miss anything from me? Then sign up for my newsletter:
To the newsletter registration
Discover The Work with Ina on Facebook
You might be interested in that too
- Which languages besides Python have list understanding
- Does anyone need PUBG Lite
- Society would be better without small talk
- What does cream soda taste like?
- Where's a vegan cheese in Kroger
- Is that a good portfolio stock?
- How were the weapons of the Sioux Indians made
- How do I restore the psychopathic gaze
- How does a child actually learn
- How is idli done
- Where do I test WordPress plugins
- Linux has a future
- Why do we need emotional feelings
- Is that a good landscape photo
- What is the best gift parents can give
- Is a Stratocaster good for playing rockabilly
- What is the http API
- The computer subject is indispensable for architecture
- How much do we keep our culture
- What is the performance of aluminum foil
- How can I correct a Carfax information
- How important are GCSEs 1
- Why is the planet Mercury pink
- Why does a floor need a carpet
- What is the official name of Belarus
- What is the current ranking of the NLU
- Is your subconscious still you
- What's your best sweet recipe
- What is the intelligence of painting
- Cell phones are also hacked by hackers
- What is the full form of HV
- How much do biomedical researchers earn
- Why are the French presidents so short