What are sockets
Differences in plugs and sockets in Germany and Switzerland
Both the mains voltage (230 V) and the frequency (50 Hz) are identical in Germany and Switzerland. The good news: Electrical devices from one country can therefore be used in the other without any problems - without a transformer. The not-so-good news: In some cases an adapter is necessary for the plug. However, this generally does not apply to lamps and luminaires, for example.
Let's take a closer look at that. In Switzerland, the plug with the designation “J”, which has three contact pins, is common. In this form, it doesn't fit into any German socket.
In Germany, on the other hand, there are two types of connectors, each with two variants:
1. The round one Plug F with protective contact ("Schuko plug"). Due to its shape alone, it does not fit into the recessed sockets in Switzerland. In addition, the contact pins are too thick.
2. It is also available as a Variant "E + F", called "hybrid connector". It looks confusingly similar to the F-plug, but at the same time fits into E-sockets, such as those found in France. That doesn't change anything for Switzerland: It doesn't fit either.
3. Third in the league is the elongated oval plug C ("Euro plug"). It owes its nickname to the fact that it fits in most European countries - including Switzerland. It can be found on devices with low power such as radios, small appliances or lights. You will therefore be able to connect lamps in Switzerland without any problems, even if they come with a "C" plug as standard.
4. Last but not least, there is the "Contour plug": It is a round C variant and also does not fit into Swiss sockets - as with the Schuko and hybrid plugs, this is prevented by the shape and thickness of the contact pins. It can be found on devices such as hair dryers, drills or vacuum cleaners.
- Functional malefactors always lead to poor results
- What happens when diborane reacts with ammonia
- How does ethnicity divide humanity?
- What is the work culture at Paytm
- Agriculture belongs to urban areas
- Straight men watch transexual pornography
- Why do people fear the blind
- How can I invade Mexico
- What are the Limitations of Snells Law
- Thank you 16 no_redirect = 1
- Is fermented apple juice alcoholic
- Really try to improve LNMIIT
- What is better internship than work experience
- Why is vertical scrolling choppy on Android
- How do I become an FMF corpsman
- Rock music has always been associated with conservatives
- What is something great that you won
- What is macaroni
- Wireless chargers stop charging when they are full
- What is Barjeel
- What is meant by street taken less?
- What is Apache Storm
- One can choose to forgive
- What is a good shot in basketball