How much Tratak can improve our studies
A simple candle meditation for the whole family in the dark season
Place a candle with a steady flame about 1m away at eye level. Extinguish all light sources in the room. Even the standby lights.
If you want to do this wonderful light meditation together with your family in the dark season, you can sit in a circle around the candle. Brighten and enliven the interior.
Let your breath flow in a relaxed manner and stare (stare = Tratak) with relaxed eyes into the flame for half a minute without blinking. If tears come, your eyes will be cleansed.
Then close your eyes completely relaxed and visualize the flame in your mind's eye, either in the heart center in the middle of the chest or in the space between the eyebrows. Try to see the flame clearly without exerting yourself.
You can do a total of 3 passes and, after a little practice, increase the times.
Tratak is also a purifying exercise for our mind, clearing thoughts and feelings. Our restless mental overactivity calms down.
At the same time, the increased attention focused on a center leads to relaxed concentration. What a boon!
This exercise is an excellent cleaning of the eyes and strengthens our eyesight.
The brain is invigorated and vitalized via the optic nerve and at the same time we experience a state of relaxed attention.
Alternative: Stare and relax without blinking or looking around at the rising or setting sun at the moment when it is red, or practicing Tratak under the full moon.
Children are very accessible for this atmospheric meditation and love to "look into the light" together.
Tratak is one of the 6 kriyas (cleansing techniques) in yoga and is also recommended in Ayurvedic science.
If you have any questions or want to share your experiences, please feel free to contact us.
Or visit our meditation course in which we regularly practice Tratak alongside other centering exercises.
And now have fun staring ...
Photo copyright: sambhavi, India Vrindavan 2008: Oil lamp and rose petals during a ritual.
- How do I deal with a man
- Is charcoal a good fertilizer
- Why are US internet speeds so slow
- Why is citizen participation important to democracy
- How to use Highbrow
- Why is perjury no longer punished?
- Why is an environmental impact assessment carried out
- Why are there such little male nurses?
- How can I clean my laptop system?
- How do insectivorous plants eat
- How are binaural microphones made
- What are some positive quotes
- Is fear built socially or biologically
- What is Bootstrap and a Framework 1
- What is a bacteriophage host
- What does Zechariah 11 13 refer to
- What happens in the grave after death
- What's the best dj snake song
- Will you be dead in 10 years
- Corsica is still striving for independence
- Why is Starbucks closing down?
- Are you on Quora to make friends
- Why would anyone buy an RO system
- Is Shein Chinese
- Am I depressed or am I just grieving?
- What if all planets were habitable?
- Have you had any side effects while taking aripiprazole
- Standing is healthier than sitting
- Why should we become a student
- What was your moment not laughing
- Why don't business people get into politics?
- Does Superman have a healing factor
- Is San Francisco bike friendly