How do fishermen determine where to fish
Fish is a livelihood for 800 million people, especially in developing countries.
Europe could not meet its fish needs from its own seas by a long way. In Germany, for example, only 12% of the demand could be met with own catch. The rest comes from imports. 23% of the fish traded worldwide are imported into the EU. Half of the fish imported in the EU come from developing countries. (= 61% of global exports come from developing countries)
A total of 800 million people worldwide are dependent on the catch, production, processing and sale of fish and seafood. People in developing countries are particularly dependent on fish as their livelihood. Not only do they supply a large part of the world's catch and production, they also represent a massive proportion of those employed in the fishery. Only around 1.5% of those employed in the fishing sector come from industrialized countries. The remaining 98% come from emerging and developing countries.
The vast majority - a full 90 percent - are artisanal fishermen, i.e. not employees on large trawlers. For these people, fish is both a source of income and an important part of their daily diet.
The ongoing overfishing of the seas is therefore not only threatening for habitats and animal species. It also jeopardizes the food and livelihood foundations of millions of low-living people.
Through our sustainable decision when buying fish and seafood, we are making a significant contribution to securing the livelihood of these people in the future.
By consciously consuming fish, we as consumers help determine whether fish will still be available in sufficient quantities in the future. Continue reading ...
- Fisheries Policy in Europe
The EU's Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) sets important objectives for both fisheries and the marine environment. Continue reading ...
- Sustainable fishing
Fishing can only exist in the long term if the state of the environment becomes its core issue. Only sustainable fishing can preserve fish as a resource in the long term. Continue reading ...
- Chips on credit cards have gotten smaller
- How is Reddit doing in late 2015
- When do pigs fly
- Is neurofeedback evidence-based
- What is 7 14 2
- Which drug will help stop hallucinations?
- Which country has the most interesting folklore
- How do I analyze big data quickly
- How will the big crisis happen
- Are QQMail accounts permanent
- How does sleep deprivation affect teenagers
- You can rarely eat venison burgers
- What is caching music
- What are the trending topics for blogging
- What is the heart of Silicon Valley
- What is the Kolkata Rasgulla
- How do medical professionals advertise their services
- What causes a really smelly slime
- How do I sell shirts at RageOn
- Where can I buy cheap domains
- If 1 x 1 is a polynomial 1
- Ashwatthama was an avatar of Shiva
- How do I make money these days
- Where can you buy whiteboards