What kind of sugar is in milk?
Is sugar added to the milk?
I like to take a closer look at the food labels. And I wonder why there is sugar in milk. According to the printed table, almost five grams in 100 milliliters. Wasn't that the case in the past?
Petra Müller, Thuringia Consumer Center, answers: Milk has always contained sugar, specifically milk sugar, also called lactose. In the past you couldn't tell on the label. Nowadays you can find a table on almost all packaged foods. This lists the nutritional values of the respective food.
These are the energy content, fat, saturated fat, carbohydrates, sugar, fiber, protein and salt. From December 2016, such a table will be mandatory for almost all packaging. The labeling of these values improves the comparability of the foods in the individual categories and is intended to facilitate a conscious selection.
With the values that can now be seen, consumers can also see, for example, how much sugar there is in a food. This is sometimes astonishing because you do not expect sugar in certain foods and sometimes you cannot see any sugar in the list of ingredients.
From a legal point of view, all single and double sugars count under the value that is to be labeled as sugar. Milk sugar belongs to the double sugars. And so it happens that with fresh milk there are about five grams of sugar per 100 milliliters in the table. Even so, no sugar was added to the milk. These just under five grams include the value of the lactose naturally contained in it. This sugar substance is not a problem.
Source: Consumer Advice Center Thuringia
more on the subject
- How do I uninstall avg antivirus
- Can Shadow Pokemon be shiny
- Pulling and pushing require the same force
- Can a star get too hot?
- Who founded Santiniketan
- Why is age a variable
- You can accidentally pull out a catheter
- What is the first horror movie book
- How do you feel when you hug
- How can I overcome hunger pains
- How is Larry Ellison personally
- Moves Amazon from Seattle
- A cuckoo is a beautiful bird
- What are Induced Genes
- What are betting slips
- Is teleportation a possibility for the future?
- Why is America so successful
- Smart people are manipulators
- What is a Chicago style hot dog
- What race began civilization where were they
- How do I raise a stepchild
- What to add to the menu in WordPress
- What is wrong with me
- Where is the truth in journalism these days